Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2021, 11:46 AM   #113
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I just upgraded my i5-2500k to a Ryzen 5 3600 and can finally play this game.

It's an extraordinary game, I haven't had this much fun with a football game in ages. Everything is so well done (replays/stats/sounds/gameplay/recruiting) and it's just FUN. Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of warts that will show later but right now I'm having a great time playing it.
yeah, I've been playing it on x360 this entire time (have kept it around for this sole purpose and have no reason to get a newer console since I mostly play PC games).

The rosters have kept the game somewhat fresh and interesting for the years since it was released by the REVAMPED mods really bring a lot of excitement back to the game.

I'd usually start a new dynasty each year when the custom rosters got released and play for a month before losing interest...but with the REVAMPED stuff I'll probably be hooked for much longer now.

Being able to run this on my laptop when it shows up in a few days will be a significant improvement too.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:28 PM   #114
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordo_99
yeah, I've been playing it on x360 this entire time
It's funny...I have the digital version in my library for x360 but I sold the console because I just wasn't playing the game. I got that gaming laptop and now I play all the time...even started a dynasty thread which is something I haven't seriously done in YEARS. That portability (laptop, Nintendo Switch) makes a world of difference for me.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:41 AM   #115
MVP

OVR: 6

Any tips for getting the best sound in the game ? It gets very crackly when the home team has a good play. Everything else seems great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

My game has been weird. I played last on like 01/24. Fired up my laptop to play this past weekend and RPCS3 would force close right as the dynasty was loading up. Rolled back a few versions and got it to work but it was really choppy. Spent the weekend back on my 06 dynasty haha
Old 02-02-2021, 12:52 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
My game has been weird. I played last on like 01/24. Fired up my laptop to play this past weekend and RPCS3 would force close right as the dynasty was loading up. Rolled back a few versions and got it to work but it was really choppy. Spent the weekend back on my 06 dynasty haha
If you are using CFB Revamped, I'm pretty sure they say do not update your RPCS at all.

― Plato
Old 02-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

That's the thing though...If memory serves I hadn't updated since like early January and it was working fine. Then I didn't play for like a week, powered up my laptop and boom...force close during game load in dynasty. I got it going and played one dynasty game last weekend but didn't attempt another.

I was told in the Revamped discord to maybe go back to version 10594 which is what I was able to complete my game on last week. We'll see on Thursday
Old 02-16-2021, 03:12 AM   #119
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This game is tough to run, my 8600k runs it slightly better than you. Maybe performance will get better with future releases of the emulator, but I think given your CPU you're running it about as can be expected.

I assume that there is no improvement with the 8600k? I can run this game near perfect graphically at 720, 1080, or 4k at great frame rates but its that terrible sound that ruins things. Turning on the sound buffer helped some but it starts sounding like a cassette being ate with all the slowing down it does. I guess I can stick with NCAA on PCSX2 for the time being.

If anyone is interested:

I5 8600k
16 gb Ram
RX480 8gb vram version
Old 02-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNat
I assume that there is no improvement with the 8600k? I can run this game near perfect graphically at 720, 1080, or 4k at great frame rates but its that terrible sound that ruins things. Turning on the sound buffer helped some but it starts sounding like a cassette being ate with all the slowing down it does. I guess I can stick with NCAA on PCSX2 for the time being.

If anyone is interested:

I5 8600k
16 gb Ram
RX480 8gb vram version
I don't think there's much room for improvement. I no longer have the 8600k, but I think you've basically tapped out its potential with the game on the emulator.

It wasn't the worst experience. Like you said, the game is near perfect outside of the audio. I would just have the sound down real low and listen to other stuff while playing, usually a real game on YouTube on another monitor.

I've upgraded to a 10700k and the game played flawlessly, but as I stated in a thread I started not too long ago, I've hit a point where NCAA 14 shows its age too much for me to play it often anymore. Thankfully EA announced the return of college football so we can have an updated game again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »