Home

EA lets make NCAA 14 backwards compatible

This is a discussion on EA lets make NCAA 14 backwards compatible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 10:38 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: EA lets make NCAA 14 backwards compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Hoping for a miracle, bro. Hate to say it.

I think eventually it will be compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
It isn't just about wanting it. It has to do with licensing which makes it infinitely more tricky.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

I know all that but I think eventually it’s going to happen. In the mean time I’m enjoying making college roster for Doug Flutie Football 2019. I’ve got around 22 teams complete now. Long process.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:29 PM   #11
Rookie

crazazi919's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbread28
Who would like to see NCAA 14 for Xbox 360 backwards compatible for Xbox One? I think
this would be awesome. Let’s speak up fans and be a part of making this happen.
Thanks,
tbread28

I would like for EA to fix there backwards sliders before that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 06:34 AM   #12
Rookie

Micrmay2113's Arena

I know EA got sued for player likeness, but were there any specific player images used in NCAA 14? If there are specific models in the game that resemble any real person, they can be swapped out for someone with random facial features. It also puzzles me why the servers for 14 have lasted this long if selling the game was a problem in the first place. Maybe the player base for 14 is so small now that they don't consider it a big deal if they stay up, kind of an under the radar kind of thing.

Though that's the least of their headaches for making this game backwards compatible because they'd have to reacquire the individual schools as well as the NCAA, right? You'd think it would be easy to just go back to the old NCAA Football days when player resemblance was nowhere near accurate. Though the NCAA probably considers skin color and jersey numbers close enough. I'm not the NCAA, so I can't assume on their behalf. Just my guess.

While I certainly wouldn't mind playing this on my Ps4 because I know my 360 won't last forever, I don't see it happening. EA has to repair their relationship with the NCAA first. Though with Madden 20 having colleges in it, maybe they're on that path right now.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #13
MVP

Why not buy an xbox one?
Old 07-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #14
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbread28
I think eventually it will be compatible.

You've got a better chance of seeing a new ncaa on next gen in the next 10 years then anything on current gen being made compatible.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
You've got a better chance of seeing a new ncaa on next gen in the next 10 years then anything on current gen being made compatible.

Great point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #16
MVP

EA lets make NCAA 14 backwards compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrmay2113
I know EA got sued for player likeness, but were there any specific player images used in NCAA 14? If there are specific models in the game that resemble any real person, they can be swapped out for someone with random facial features. It also puzzles me why the servers for 14 have lasted this long if selling the game was a problem in the first place. Maybe the player base for 14 is so small now that they don't consider it a big deal if they stay up, kind of an under the radar kind of thing.

Though that's the least of their headaches for making this game backwards compatible because they'd have to reacquire the individual schools as well as the NCAA, right? You'd think it would be easy to just go back to the old NCAA Football days when player resemblance was nowhere near accurate. Though the NCAA probably considers skin color and jersey numbers close enough. I'm not the NCAA, so I can't assume on their behalf. Just my guess.

While I certainly wouldn't mind playing this on my Ps4 because I know my 360 won't last forever, I don't see it happening. EA has to repair their relationship with the NCAA first. Though with Madden 20 having colleges in it, maybe they're on that path right now.

Really great points. My 360 just got the red ring of death.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »