Home

Ncaa 04 vs Ncaa 06

This is a discussion on Ncaa 04 vs Ncaa 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2020, 03:34 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ncaa 04 vs Ncaa 06

For me NCAA '06 was (and remains) absolutely perfect.

Maybe it's nostalgia, but my gaming rotation these days is NBA 2k11 (PC) (the GOAT sports game?), NCAA '06, SVR 2007 (those on PCSX2) new games I do love MLB the Show 20 on PS4.

But 95% of my gaming is either NCAA '06 or NBA 2k11.

NCAA '06 just felt so good. Fast receivers played fast, you looked to get them into open space, big receivers played big, you'd let them use their bodies to make one-on-one plays. Speedy backs tried to get to the outside, and big bruisers ran right over people.

Just a brilliant game.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #34
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
I strongly believe that NCAA 07 should be in this conversation as THE best NCAA college football game. It built upon the greatness of 06 and add momentum, a much better set of playbooks, cleaned up visuals (uniforms) and to my knowledge took NOTHING out from 06.

I will agree that 06 probably played a little better "out of the box" but 07 with some tweaks can be equally amazing.

Now add that Madden 07 is also THE best Madden ever and the 07 combo is the best you can do in console/sim football.
I had more fun on 07 than any other football game, it was during my college days. The arcade style was perfect for playing another human, and one particular friend of mine and I had a series of around 39-38 with many close games. We’d use random teams and get three choices, but you couldn’t go back to choice 1 if you gambled on choice 2 etc. Get to choice 3 and you might be stuck with San Jose State.

I don’t recall playing much dynasty, because I traded it in along with a bunch of PS2 stuff for my PS3 in spring 2007.

What bothered me most was the lack of a 1-AA/FCS roster update; it’s the same exact roster from 06. On the other hand, I believe it’s the first game to add the separate rotating National Championship game, which was implemented that year. The uniform updates are great: Kansas, SMU, and a few others are severely outdated in 06. I believe Miami finally got all-white uniforms, but there is a glitch where they can only be worn if the opponent is wearing white too! BC has some unusable alternates with a major graphical glitch.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #35
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I had more fun on 07 than any other football game, it was during my college days. The arcade style was perfect for playing another human, and one particular friend of mine and I had a series of around 39-38 with many close games. We’d use random teams and get three choices, but you couldn’t go back to choice 1 if you gambled on choice 2 etc. Get to choice 3 and you might be stuck with San Jose State.

I don’t recall playing much dynasty, because I traded it in along with a bunch of PS2 stuff for my PS3 in spring 2007.

What bothered me most was the lack of a 1-AA/FCS roster update; it’s the same exact roster from 06. On the other hand, I believe it’s the first game to add the separate rotating National Championship game, which was implemented that year. The uniform updates are great: Kansas, SMU, and a few others are severely outdated in 06. I believe Miami finally got all-white uniforms, but there is a glitch where they can only be worn if the opponent is wearing white too! BC has some unusable alternates with a major graphical glitch.
The national title game had rotators in 06.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2020, 01:26 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker

Yes but was it separate from the 4 bcs bowls? I.e. same site as one of the four each year but separate from that site's bcs bowl game?

I don't remember when the title game became a separate entity as opposed to being one of the 4 bcs bowls hosting #1 vs #2 for the title.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #37
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Yes but was it separate from the 4 bcs bowls? I.e. same site as one of the four each year but separate from that site's bcs bowl game?

I don't remember when the title game became a separate entity as opposed to being one of the 4 bcs bowls hosting #1 vs #2 for the title.
In 06, the Title game isn't separate from the four main bowls, but according to Wikipedia, the 2006 season separated it meaning it should have started in NCAA 07.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:01 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Nostalgia definitely got me good. Been playing 06 and coach mode is infuriating.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #39
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Yes, but it isn’t an added separate game as I mentioned. Not a huge deal, but one of the features added.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #40
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Yes, but it isn’t an added separate game as I mentioned. Not a huge deal, but one of the features added.
Right, an extra bowl game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »