Home

Highest "Greatest Game' points

This is a discussion on Highest "Greatest Game' points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #9
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Highest "Greatest Game' points

Yeah, I don't understand their logic in the scores. I've had two great national title games get really low scores. The first was Iowa and Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Oklahoma hit a FG as time expired to force overtime at 13-13. Iowa kicked a FG on its possession. OU couldn't move the ball well and lined up for another game-tying FG to force double OT. The kick looked good, but curved just left and Iowa won 16-13. The score was like 800.

Just yesterday I had a Sugar Bowl for the title between Iowa State and Florida. ISU took an early 7-3 lead before UF scored 17 straight to lead 20-7 at half. ISU pulled together and rattled off 26 straight of its own to lead 33-20. UF scored to pull within six. ISU tried to run time out but couldn't quite do it, and punted with about 25 seconds left. The returner fielded it and brought it back to the ISU 30. One pass later and UF is at the ISU 8, but he was tackled as he caught it inbounds. UF runs up to spike it. The QB goes back with four seconds and time for one last play . . . but a DT bursts through the line and hits him! The ball pops loose. It rolls back about five yards. Time has expired, a UF OL picks it up and runs about three yards before falling. ISU wins!

Greatness score of 650. What?

And yet, my #3 greatest game was a 14-7 sleeper in a monsoon with only one offensive touchdown. There was no scoring in the fourth quarter, but it got a score of close to 1000. The top two games on my list deserve to be high (a 24-17 Iowa win at Michigan in OT with a fourth and goal stand and a 28-24 ISU win over Missouri with a fourth and goal stand as time expired), but those two national title games should be #1-#2 if you ask me.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:25 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

1880 just today. Arkansas (me) against New Mexico. Drove 77 yards in 35 seconds. And capped it off with an amazing Matt Jones QB sneak from the 12.* What a ballzy call.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a 2002 game I played last week. I was Notre Dame and it was a back and forth game the whole time. The game started off with them scoring 21 straight, then after clawing my way back to a 3 point lead with 1 minute left, they throw a bomb and score....so then i get the ball back and throw 2 hail marys and score with 12 secs left on the clock. I think the final score was 57-53, Irish. Good Game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »