Home

Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty

This is a discussion on Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #17
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty

I only play offense, even as a Head Coach. Because 1) it shortens the game, 2) I don't like playing defense, and 3) it adds challenge to the game because I'm not controlling the defense and the special teams (kickers may miss extra points).

I keep track of the history in a note book. I track the conference winners, Heisman Winners, National Champions, and other things. Currently, I have custom conferences set so that every conference has a championship game.

I also keep track of certain rivalries, such as who won the Cy/Hawk Trophy (Iowa/Iowa State), which is neat to see how competitive a rivalry is.

I also do the setting all BCS to be At-Large.

Whatever school I'm with, I use their playbook.

Last edited by Limasbravo; 10-02-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:19 AM   #18
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=DonJonpin;2050219592]Turn all BCS Bowl bids to at large

What does that mean?
Old 10-06-2020, 01:30 PM   #19
Rookie

[quote=iverson3;2050230793]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin
Turn all BCS Bowl bids to at large

What does that mean?
Either before you start your dynasty or at the change conference stage before you advance past the offseason after cuts you go to the bowl tie-in tab and remover every BCS tie in. So you remove the BIG12 from the Firsta, SEC from Sugar and the PAC12 BIG10 from the Rose allowing the rankings to determine all the BCS bowls
Old 10-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #20
Rookie

I made a Dynamic Player Progression system a while back. It takes a while to get started, but once you get the hang of it it’s not bad.

There is a “base” version for just your team, but there are also add ons in the pdf and also discussed later in the thread where you can take it even deeper.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...or-needed.html
Old 10-15-2020, 05:16 AM   #21
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm glad I haven't started my dynasty because the idea of turning all BCS bids to at-large sounds great to me! Going to make that change for sure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I'm glad I haven't started my dynasty because the idea of turning all BCS bids to at-large sounds great to me! Going to make that change for sure!
You can actually change the auto bids after every season if you want, along with custom conferences.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:17 PM   #23
Pro

I like to play as a university and the players instead of as a coach. For example, right now, I'm Nebraska's OC but I play my dynasty with Colorado State, and sim all the Nebraska stuff. This, in my opinion, allows for the most fair scenario, as far as recruiting. It's also a lot of fun for the university to go through coaching changes, allowing new playbooks to keep you on your toes and keep things fresh, as well as coaching tree levels going up and down with each coaching change.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:56 PM   #24
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
You can actually change the auto bids after every season if you want, along with custom conferences.
Yeah, I know that but all I did was start the dynasty, setup recruiting board and got to Week 1. I hadn't played any games yet. Worth the restart in my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »