Home

Custom Conference Idea

This is a discussion on Custom Conference Idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Custom Conference Idea

I have always done custom conferences where the P5 programs had a conference championship. I thought I would try something different. All P5 programs have 11 teams. They have the same teams before all the expansion. So, a couple are out into G5 conferences. The G5 conferences have 12-16 teams and have a conference championship. I was thinking about whichever team wins each G5 championship gets promoted to the closest P5 conference. The team that finishes last in each P5 conference gets demoted to the closest G5 conference. Question is should I do this each year? Every 5 years? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Collegefbfan; 10-14-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2020, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

theonlybstew's Arena

Re: Custom Conference Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
I have always done custom conferences where the P5 programs had a conference championship. I thought I would try something different. All P5 programs have 11 teams. They have the same teams before all the expansion. So, a couple are out into G5 conferences. The G5 conferences have 12-16 teams and have a conference championship. I was thinking about whichever team wins each G5 championship gets promoted to the closest P5 conference. The team that finishes last in each P5 conference gets demoted to the closest G5 conference. Question is should I do this each year? Every 5 years? Any suggestions?
I'm putting the power 5 teams into 4 16 team conferences.
the group of 5 teams go into 6 10 team conferences
Notre Dame & Idaho independents.

PS4
NBA 2k22
WWE 2K22
NHL 22
MLB 20 THE SHOW
SONIC CLASSICS

PS3
NCAA FB 14
Old 10-15-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
When I've done systems like this, I've had the most fun doing it every year. Is it the most realistic? Of course not, but it adds some fun to the off-season and makes the seasons really count for every team, even the ones that don't really have a shot at the title.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I use the OP's in this thread.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...nce-setup.html
Old 10-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I have done something like this and I chose to move the teams every year. You will see some quirks, like a Sun Belt champion moving to the SEC and their head coach leaves to take a job for an American Athletic Conference team.

I'd suggest making the conference fairly close in competition. One time I had Sun Belt <-> SEC and MAC <-> B1G and would often move a team up one year and then relegate them back the next season. The second time I did C-USA <-> SEC and American <-> B1G which worked better.

I am currently doing a full tier relegation without concerns for regions. It is odd seeing Oregon State in the ACC and UCLA in the SEC, but your top two conferences become highly difficult to win in. Typically when I have a National Championship caliber team, I'll win something like 5 championships over a 6 year period and then leave for a new challenge. In this iteration I won the national championship with a lot of returning starters and went 9-3 the next season and I pulled two games out in the closing minute. I could have gone from NC to 7-5 because my schedule is very difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »