Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Long time fan, glad that we are getting back the game! Since the game comes back next year, What would be the chances of them doing a port of ncaa 14 to PS5/xbox etc? Maybe scrap the name of the players, make it generic and just putting the playoff formula. A little worried that my ps3 will kick the bucket before the new game comes out!
Old 04-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
Long time fan, glad that we are getting back the game! Since the game comes back next year, What would be the chances of them doing a port of ncaa 14 to PS5/xbox etc? Maybe scrap the name of the players, make it generic and just putting the playoff formula. A little worried that my ps3 will kick the bucket before the new game comes out!
The chances are less than 0.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
0% chance of that happening. It would certainly be cool to see a remastered version of some of the old (good) EA titles, but it won't happen.

The only way this happens is if the new college football game is itself a reskinned port of NCAA 14, but I would bet my house that won't happen.

NCAA 14 uses an entirely different engine than what EA uses for all of their other sports titles at this point. So, to make a NCAA 14 then they would need a separate development team to build this (on top of the one building the new game), and there were need to be a financial incentive to do so which would be really difficult to justify when they already have an engine for other sports titles. Plus it would be a very niche market to sell to given that it's a 10 year old sports game. More expense and less potential revenue.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 02:00 PM   #36
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I seem to remember that back when NCAA 14 came out it looked a little different, and had a different feel from Madden that same cycle.

So I hope we se something like that. I mean it's still Madden, and it's always gonna be Madden, but something about 14 didn't feel like Madden.
Iirc NCAA would use the previous year's Madden engine and polish it up which made it feel different from the Madden release a month later.

The years are running together in my head, but was that a year in which Madden debuted a new physics engine (which means it wouldn't have been in NCAA)?
Old 04-04-2022, 04:14 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Iirc NCAA would use the previous year's Madden engine and polish it up which made it feel different from the Madden release a month later.

The years are running together in my head, but was that a year in which Madden debuted a new physics engine (which means it wouldn't have been in NCAA)?
Both games were built on the same foundation. The games were just tuned differently so they would play differently, mainly NCAA being more wide open. Both games would get things added that the other wouldn't get for a year. Madden typically got the bigger additions first, like the physics.

Both games had their natural differences, too, like the obvious rule differences between the two games, recruiting being a part of NCAA.

I would expect the reboot to be exactly like this. We've already see with PC modding that Madden is able to be tuned to play much differently when made to play more like the college game.

Hopefully EA can nail the feel down and deliver us a good game. I do wish it were coming to PC and would be able to be modded, but that doesn't look like it will happen, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-04-2022, 10:00 PM   #38
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope we get some type of demo this summer or at least a college mode (not Campus Legend) in Madden 23. I'd be happy with 4 teams with their stadiums and atmosphere with player QB #13 from Michigan.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:00 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0
EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy

I think madden 13 debated the infinite engine hit system , then ncaa 14 got it but much more polished up.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 06-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Saw this posted on Twitter

"NEW EXTRA POINTS:

Thanks to open records requests and a few phone calls, I have additional confirmation for when EA Sports College Football is expected to be released. Plus updates on music, licensing and more:
https://t.co/4ZYUnUJYGd "

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football »