Home

The TeamBuilder Rosters are FINAL

This is a discussion on The TeamBuilder Rosters are FINAL within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #49
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The TeamBuilder Rosters are FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I have a sneaky feeling that the Sam Keller lawsuit ended the roster development on the spot for this year.
I can absolutely see this as true. I just cannot believe that they would accidently mess this up. The rosters being this outdated has to be intentional, or team builder rosters aren't shipping.

Even though Sam Keller is just a whiny punk trying to make some money because he can't make it to the pros, doesn't mean the lawsuit doesn't have merit. EA did set it up so that we all could play with their likenesses, and these players do not get compensated at all.

That being said, the player signs a waiver with the school and the NCAA for them to be able to use their name and likness however they want.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #50
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I can absolutely see this as true. I just cannot believe that they would accidently mess this up. The rosters being this outdated has to be intentional, or team builder rosters aren't shipping.

Even though Sam Keller is just a whiny punk trying to make some money because he can't make it to the pros, doesn't mean the lawsuit doesn't have merit. EA did set it up so that we all could play with their likenesses, and these players do not get compensated at all.

That being said, the player signs a waiver with the school and the NCAA for them to be able to use their name and likness however they want.
Can't be the case since some teams are right player-wise. If every team was the same as 09 or they were generic, then I could see that point.

I don't think that's it. Whoever did the rosters screwed up.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 06-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #51
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I love how everytime **** hits the fan the EA guys are nowhere to be found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #52
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I pray these aren't final, I already edited Rutgers to be nearly as accurate as possible, and that was a struggle. There were players who haven't played for 2 years on the roster, hell people who weren't even in the game last year, made it into this one eventhough they haven't been on the team.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

WOW
Old 06-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #54
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

There's absolutely no way the Keller case would have anything to do with it.

A) Some teams have been updated.
B) One year of intentionally having inaccurate rosters wouldn't wipe out the years of fairly accurate rosters that could be brought up in the court case.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 12

This is going to be a long one, so bare with me

GUYS, SAM KELLER IS NOT THE REASON!!!!!!! The NCAA series has been on the PS1, PS2, and PS3 (I use that just because it's been around the longest) since NCAA Football 98. Since then, they have used player likenesses and have never had one problem from any player on the 100+ teams that have been in the game.

Let's just use 112 teams and 45 players per team as a base for this example. NCAA 10 is the 13th game since 98, giving us 65,520 different instances (players) that any player could have spoken up about this. There is no reason that one player trying to speak up, on something that won't get far with this lawsuit, is going to stop them from doing this.

Another point, they still use the player likenesses on nearly everyone in the game still, even with this roster. Tebow is easy to point out just as an example, as well as nearly every player in the game. All this is is a horrible performance from an EA developer to make sure everything was okay.

I know some teams have all their freshman in (Ohio State is one of the mentioned), but a lot of teams don't have a single freshman in. It boggles me how there are graduated players still in the game (being an LSU fan, Herman Johnson is still in the game), and honestly that is just flat out not paying attention. So how can someone whose not even playing football anymore (he may be, but not in a major league) get any say in this, when there are NFL players still in an NCAA game. Those players would have more of a say in a lawsuit than a guy like Sam Keller.

Don't blame the Sam Keller lawsuit on the worst rosters ever. Blame it on the developer who works just on the rosters who has had 4+ months since the 08 season has been over to re-rate players, as well as adding in recruits who were committed in the first week of February. It seriously can not be that tough of a job to do, but it almost looks as if they did nothing to these rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE1411
I really hope we have somebody this year that can edit these ridiculous rosters. Well for XBOX 360, anyway.
I am doing rosters, so if anybody has suggestions for their teams rosters please send me PMs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »