Home

Dynasty Rivalries Truncated

This is a discussion on Dynasty Rivalries Truncated within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Dynasty Rivalries Truncated

I was messing around in dynasty mode with custom schools and noticed they weren't inheriting all the rivals of the school they replaced. At first I thought it was because I used a school with only one rival so I double checked.

Started a dynasty with Florida and its rivals are: FSU, Miami, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Started another dynasty with a custom school replacing Florida and the only rival was Florida State.

So custom schools don't inherit rivalries they inherit the first rival, I'll keep checking just to be sure.

Update: Started another dynasty with Notre Dame, rivalries are: USC, Boston College, Michigan and Stanford.

Started a dynasty and replaced Notre Dame with a custom school (different from the one I replaced Florida with) and the only rivalry was USC.

Last edited by prowler; 07-11-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Dynasty Rivalries Truncated

F'n A man. One rival now? No beuno

Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yea, I did the same thing earlier today and found this out.

hopefully next year they will add the ability to manually select your rivals.
Battle.net ID: Solidice#11688

Current Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Stellaris (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Well 1 is better than 0!!!

I'm still gonna consider some game rivalry games even if the game doesn't recognize it.

I wonder if using Minnesota North Stars to replace Minnesota Gophers will keep all the real rivalries...I'll find out soon enough.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

OVR: 6

I still think that the other teams are your rivals but, they just don't show up. I started a dynasty with my created school taken the place of navy, and it had army as my main rival. But when I played air force it said it was a rivalry game.
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Just saw this was added to the FAQ over on the EA board
Quote:
Can I set rivals for my team?
Although you can't set rivals for your team on the web app, once you import your school into your Dynasty, you will inherit the PRIMARY rival of the team you replaced.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

yup i've had the same issues. you really have to do some juggling to get your rivals right. Another thing i've noticed is that you don't take the rival of the school you replace so much as you take the rivalry of the spot that you replace. So for instance I swap Army with So Miss to get Army into C-usa. Then i replace So Miss with a TB team and that team still gets Navy as it's rival because even though I'm not swapping them directly with Army i'm still swapping them with Army's place in the game.

Also default teams will hold onto their rivals no matter what. So another for istance in the WAC I want to put Portland St in and have Fresno st be their rival. I don't want Lousianna Tech so I swap Portland St with SJ state (because SJ state's rival is Fresno st) then put SJ state back by exchanging them for La tech. Now I've essentially swapped Portland St for Louisianna Tech but by doing it the way I did Portland St has Fresno st as their rival instead of UL-Lafayette or UL-Monroe and SJ state still has Fresno st for their rival as well.

I'm putting 12 teambuilder teams into dynasty and using some creative swapping i've been able to get 11 out of 12 with good-realistic rivals. I can live with the one school having a weird rival, but it sure would make life easier if we could just pick at least one rival for these teams.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
IBI
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Well 1 is better than 0!!!

For this game. One may not be greater than zero.

I can only say what I've seen on the PS3 version, but rivalries are really screwed up.
  • I replaced Army with a created team, and left them as an independent.
  • Their one and only rival becomes Navy. The new team still has Navy and Air Force on their schedule.
  • The created team goes 2-0 against Navy and Air Force. At the end of the season "Record vs. Rivals" read as 0-0.
  • The game did not count either of those games towards 'Records vs. Rivals".
  • In the offseason I want to check out the impact that this will have on recruiting. I promise 3 players a winning record vs. rivals.
  • I sim the next season, and once again go 2-0 against Navy and Air Force.
  • Once again, my "Record vs. Rivals" reads 0-0.
  • I sim all the way through the offseason...I check promises made, and all three guys have have "Broken" next to their name and the promise that I made the previous offseason.
I don't know how this effects in-season recruiting visits, but I do know that it negatively effects the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »