Home

XXXX is annoying....

This is a discussion on XXXX is annoying.... within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #17
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: XXXX is annoying....

This is EA's fault as much as MS. Nobody at EA thought of this? Nobody tried it out before going gold? When they were bragging about this feature. When they had Peter Moore in interviews telling you how you could recreate YOUR team in TB. I have a feeling that EA knew about this but decided to let it slide hoping to fix it once it was revealed.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29

it's completely out of their hands so there's very little they can do to fix it. what would you have them do differently?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I know that's the line EA is giving us, but I'm not buying it. If it was truly Microsoft's fault, why would it do the XXXX names when you allow the game to just generate names for you. It happens even then, not just on downloaded teams. Its a bug. Hopefully they see that and fix it.
It is because it is custom content. If you generate names, you are getting names that have been approved my MS/Sony. If you enter them yourself, you are accepting that name as not offensive to you.

However, when you download user created content, it must be run through a function that checks against a profanity list that we don't have access to.

We are looking into a way of creating an exceptions list of words that do not need to go through the filter, but we are going to need the blessing of the console manufacturers.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #20
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
This is EA's fault as much as MS. Nobody at EA thought of this? Nobody tried it out before going gold? When they were bragging about this feature. When they had Peter Moore in interviews telling you how you could recreate YOUR team in TB. I have a feeling that EA knew about this but decided to let it slide hoping to fix it once it was revealed.
Oh, we knew things were going to get filtered. Crimson Tide? No, I didn't expect that one to get filtered!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »