Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
MVP
 
KleShreen's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Finally finished my GVSU squad!

The most accurate Grand Valley State team on TeamBuilder...everyone go download it please. Haha. Rated out to compare as if they were in D1 (low-mid level MAC school)...with accurate uniforms and accurate depth chart. GT is KleShreen, go get it!

[/plug for my TB team]
KleShreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Grand Valley should be a division 1 school, they have the enrollment. I am so sick of watching them get all arrogent because they beat teams a third their size. They need to sack up and play schools their own size.
__________________
Keanu Reeves: I shall take Balloons for $800, if you please.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
7unholyconfessions7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
MVP
 
KleShreen's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
Grand Valley should be a division 1 school, they have the enrollment. I am so sick of watching them get all arrogent because they beat teams a third their size. They need to sack up and play schools their own size.
Enrollment has nothing to do with divisions.

Do you want to send Duke and Notre Dame to Division 3?

Why isn't Wayne State, which has 10,000 MORE students than GVSU, moving up? Oh, and on top of that, they have an endowment that is four times larger than GVSU...and are also in the largest metropolitan area in the state.

And on top of THAT, GVSU is already the lowest funded public university in the state of Michigan, and you want them to push their athletic budget from 6 million a year to, at a BARE MINIMUM, 24 million a year which is the lowest athletic budget in the MAC?

Yea, good luck with that. Do some research.
KleShreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Rookie
 
mistershadez's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Clinton, South Carolina
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Not to be a douche, but if they are the most "accurate" roster for a DIII team, shouldn't their ratings be in the 40s and 50s?

Relax, just busting chops Looks good man
__________________
S.O.S. Crew
"Strategy over Skillz"


South Carolina Gamecocks
| Atlanta Falcons | Golden State Warriors
mistershadez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP
 
KleShreen's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershadez
Not to be a douche, but if they are the most "accurate" roster for a DIII team, shouldn't their ratings be in the 40s and 50s?

Relax, just busting chops Looks good man
They're D2 and for the last couple years have been compared to WMU and EMU in terms of talent! We keep battling for the same recruits every off-season, haha.

Thanks!
KleShreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Timo time
 
NoDakHusker's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 4,359
Blog Entries: 22
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Enrollment has nothing to do with divisions.

Do you want to send Duke and Notre Dame to Division 3?

Why isn't Wayne State, which has 10,000 MORE students than GVSU, moving up? Oh, and on top of that, they have an endowment that is four times larger than GVSU...and are also in the largest metropolitan area in the state.

And on top of THAT, GVSU is already the lowest funded public university in the state of Michigan, and you want them to push their athletic budget from 6 million a year to, at a BARE MINIMUM, 24 million a year which is the lowest athletic budget in the MAC?

Yea, good luck with that. Do some research.
Actually enrollment plays a small role in divisions. Notre Dame, Duke type schools are exceptions to enrollment numbers. Stadium size is also something of a requirement. I know this because the University of North Dakota(where I'm going) is transitioning to FCS and we HAVE to expand our stadium in order to meet with an NCAA requirement.
So how about YOU do some research.
__________________
Huskers | Fighting Sioux | Chelsea FC | Minnesota United | Royals
NoDakHusker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP
 
KleShreen's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Michigan
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Actually enrollment plays a small role in divisions. Notre Dame, Duke type schools are exceptions to enrollment numbers. Stadium size is also something of a requirement. I know this because the University of North Dakota(where I'm going) is transitioning to FCS and we HAVE to expand our stadium in order to meet with an NCAA requirement.
So how about YOU do some research.
No, there's an attendance requirement in Division 1, not enrollment or stadium capacity requirement.

Quote:
Twelve schools in the NCAA's top football division are on notice. They aren't putting enough fans in the seats, USA TODAY reports this morning. If they don't put more fans in the seats, the NCAA could kick them to a lower division.
What's this rule? Our story explains: "The NCAA's attendance requirement for continued full-fledged status in the association's Football Bowl Subdivision (Division I-A) can be met if a school averages 15,000 in actual or paid attendance for all home games one time during a rolling two-year period."

The 12 schools are: Bowling Green, Louisiana-Monroe, Ball State, Temple, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Utah State, Akron, Rice, Buffalo, Kent State and Eastern Michigan. Read the full story to see how they all drew -- or more accurately, didn't draw -- in 2005.
Quote:
For attendance reporting methods, either the NCAA allows total tickets sold or the number of persons in attendance at the games. They require a minimum of 15,000 people in attendance for each home game as an average every other year.[10] These numbers get posted to the NCAA statistics website for football each year. In the 2005 football season 14 schools were listed with an average below 15,000. With the new rules starting in the 2006 season, the amount of Bowl subdivision schools could drop in the future if those schools are not able to pull in enough fans into the games.
Divisions are LEAST about enrollment. It's all about athletic funding and what your school is willing to pay (hence why the NCAA's FIRST criteria for granting D1 status is about how many scholarships you are willing to offer). Notre Dame, Duke, Rice, etc. have under 10,000 students (maybe Duke has moved above that line by now) but are willing to shell out 50-80 million (Duke/Rice) and 120 million (Notre Dame) for their athletic budgets to offer the full amount of scholarships.

This is an issue that has been beat for five years at this school...every single excuse has been brought up, every excuse has been shot down, because it's a ridiculous move to make. GVSU makes more money being in D2 and competing for national championships in every sport than they would moving to D1 and playing for a shot to the Motor City Bowl and maybe being above average in non-major sports like track or swimming.
KleShreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Re: Finally finished my GVSU squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Enrollment has nothing to do with divisions.

Do you want to send Duke and Notre Dame to Division 3?

Why isn't Wayne State, which has 10,000 MORE students than GVSU, moving up? Oh, and on top of that, they have an endowment that is four times larger than GVSU...and are also in the largest metropolitan area in the state.

And on top of THAT, GVSU is already the lowest funded public university in the state of Michigan, and you want them to push their athletic budget from 6 million a year to, at a BARE MINIMUM, 24 million a year which is the lowest athletic budget in the MAC?

Yea, good luck with that. Do some research.
Man I really sound stupid now! Sorry for saying that and thanks for setting me straight. I now have much more respect for GVSU.

And im not being sarcastic either, i do mean all that.
__________________
Keanu Reeves: I shall take Balloons for $800, if you please.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
7unholyconfessions7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Top -