Home

Official Teambuilder Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Official Teambuilder Impressions Thread within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Official Teambuilder Impressions Thread

I thought I would start this up to see how people are liking their teams after getting them transferred in game. I don't want this to turn into yet another "I can't get my web team on my 360/teambuilder sucks!" thread. My point of this thread is how people are liking it after they get their teams put in.

I'll start...I think, so far, it is pretty cool. The teams that I have made seem to transfer over very well. I like the way the fields look, the logos are very crisp and clear. Actually, I think the logos actually transfer more clear to the uniforms than they look on the internet.

What I don't really like is that it seems like some of the colors turn out to be darker looking on the game than I had intended them to be. Some of my colors intended to be a light tan, have turned out to look darker than that. It's not a problem, per se, but just something that will have to be played with until it looks right. Maybe once the lighting in the game hits it, it looks different than the internet.

I also don't like that you can't edit your teams without being in dynasty mode. It would be really great to get the meat and potatoes done on the internet as far as the roster goes, and then be able to go ahead and edit positions and gear and such on the game. Would also be nice to add stadium sounds without having to set them to "all teams". These are all things that can hopefully be addressed for next year.

As far as I'm concerned, it is a very good effort for this mode this year, and hopefully It can continue to grow and get better from here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Official Teambuilder Impressions Thread

I think we just need a textbox for the front of the jerseys, eagle wings + tiger stripes + viking horns for the helmets, ability to choose rivals.and more endzone options then we'd be flawless. I love the feature just a few more additions and we're there.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Pros:
1. The teams look superb in the game.
2. Even when searching for schools, uniforms can be previewed

Cons:
1. Must be signed into XBL for custom logos to be verified each xbox session
3, Teams can't be edited console-side
3. Neutral stadiums (bowls, etc.) - stadium is half-filled with visiting fans
4. Can't choose generic fight songs or use custom sounds for teambuilder teams
Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

some helmet and jersey stripes come out slimmer and not well defined like on team builder. The uniforms tend to appear more gothic / slightly darker , in game.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

I hate that if you choose no name on back ,it comes out / you can still see definition of the players name on his back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't noticed the name on the back thing.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 17

Not sure if it's a licensing issue but I recreated my Independence High Patriots and I the uni is dead on, I just can't put the nike swoosh logo on the upper left chest plate.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
I haven't noticed the name on the back thing.
yup i haven't noticed that at all and the team i play with the most has no names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »