Home

Logo Verification... Um... what?

This is a discussion on Logo Verification... Um... what? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Logo Verification... Um... what?

There's still far too many real logos that show up when you search for me to believe they can delete them automatically. As of 20 seconds ago, a search on the TeamBuilder site for the Oakland Raiders gave me 72 teams, almost all of which had the real logo.

I'm definitely going to keep watching my deleted team and see how long it lets me continue to access it. At least on PS3, it may turn into a nice workaround to use whatever the heck logo you want.

Create - Download - Delete from TB

No one can flag it because it isn't there, and after 10 hours so far, I'm still able to get authorization to use it.

My other team that I changed logos on is also still working, and that's been a full 2 days.

You might want to try the same methods on the 360 just to see if it works the same on both systems or not. I'm not spending another $60 just to test things.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

You might want to try the same methods on the 360 just to see if it works the same on both systems or not. I'm not spending another $60 just to test things.
I will try it and let you know what happens.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Just an update... it's been 2 days now and I still have access and a working logo for a team I deleted from the TB site.

I think I've figured out how the verification thing works. It's just speculation, but it fits with what I've observed.

The verification process is checking to see if a team has been banned. It isn't checking anything else. So, it doesn't matter if the team's logo has been changed or if the team has been deleted, if it wasn't banned, it's "good" for the verification process. It actually makes sense, since we're able to download teams other people create. I know I keep messing with my teams and changing things - if someone downloaded one of my teams, they might not want it changing every time I mess with it. That's why you have a preview option when you check for updates.

So, as far as I can tell, creating a team then downloading and deleting it from TeamBuilder should be pretty much immune to banning if it's done quickly enough. No one can flag a team that isn't there. The downside of this would be that you need to make absolutely sure you get everything exactly the way you want it before you download.

This is on the PS3, although I'd say the same thing probably holds true for the 360. Hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

I think I've figured out how the verification thing works. It's just speculation, but it fits with what I've observed.

The verification process is checking to see if a team has been banned. It isn't checking anything else. So, it doesn't matter if the team's logo has been changed or if the team has been deleted, if it wasn't banned, it's "good" for the verification process. It actually makes sense, since we're able to download teams other people create. .
I hadn't thought about it checking the team instead of the logo. But you know, that does make much more sense.

However, I still hate logo authorization - it's a big hassle, and it's unethical, in my opinion - you know, Big Brother and all that.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 29

so to be clear we won't be allowed to use NFL logos at all? I was using the Patriots logo for a while, but now it says logo is unauthorized. this will not get fixed and I should just restart my dynasty with a different team right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »