Home

Download Numbers...(Adam?)

This is a discussion on Download Numbers...(Adam?) within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Download Numbers...(Adam?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I think the real problem is that so many people have to create the SAME DAMN TEAM. What, no one thinks about searching before they make the team? Ugh.

We also seem to have a difference in opinion of what TeamBuilder is really meant for.

I view it as a way make my own teams however I see fit, and the fact that other people can download them is just a bonus.

Let's put it this way: I guarantee that if you were making a fictional team, you wouldn't care how many people were downloading it.
Obviously, because there would be nothing to update, and if it's a fictional team, there would be 1% of the people looking for it as there is with the team I actually I did create, therefore it wouldn't matter how visible it actually is.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Is there a reason that the download numbers reset if you edit your team? It's pretty frustrating that the people who are doing the best with the teams, aka the ones who are constantly tweaking their teams for the better or updating the teams, are the ones penalized because the download number gets reset everytime.

There's some tweaks I'd like to make to my squad, but I've already corrected some things before when my team had 23/7/8/5 downloads and I don't want to correct anything with my team now that has seven downloads because I don't want to make it even harder for my team to be found on the game, especially by PS3 users.

Will this ever get fixed? Is there a way to get my download number reinstated, possibly?
A couple reasons. The main reason is technical. When you edit a team you are actually deleting the old team and adding a new one under the hood.

It could be done to retain your download count, however we felt that you may establish a high download count because it is a really good team, then go edit it and screw everything up making it a bad team. People would see the high download count and assume it is higher quality than it currently is.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Sorry, I was ignoring the overly large signature text because of it being overly large.

Regardless - ONCE YOU TAKE THE TEAM INTO A DYNASTY, ACCURACY IS GONE.

At some point you're going to have to let it be "good enough" and let it go.

For the sake of download counts and teambuilder, where would you draw the line? How many changes should you be allowed to make and still have it be the considered the same team? How is TeamBuilder even supposed to know? Like I said, once a team is saved the first time, you can change EVERYTHING about it, including the name and logos. While maybe you're only doing roster updates, who knows what other people are doing. You want EA to single you out and let your team follow different rules?
Yeah, this is really the tough part. Besides keeping the download count as part of the actual school file (instead of the meta data), it would require redesigning the save files. Then we'd have to look into what would constitute a significant enough change to call it a whole new school (team name? colors? rosters?).

It just seems like a very large undertaking where there are more important things I'd like to address first.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Check_1's Arena

OVR: 2

Unfortuantely most of the high download teams seem to be the "bad teams." I also realize most players probably don't care who the 3rd FB on Yale really is anyways. I understand everyones point, but changing a shirt cuff probably should'nt reset your count in my opinion. As the season goes on accuracy will suffer for the sake of download count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »