Home

PS2 Created School roster

This is a discussion on PS2 Created School roster within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: PS2 Created School roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
No...PS2 has always had create-a-school in the game itself. I would argue that it's better than teambuilder in every aspect except logos.
PS2 doesn't have CLOSE to as many stripe/style options for creating uniforms. You also can't create your roster, nor reuse real team uniforms etc. Also, you can't download teams created by other people.

Where do you think it is better? It has fight songs and rivals, plus some mix/match generic stadium options. But other than that, I'm curious what you liked about the PS2 version than TeamBuilder.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
PS2 doesn't have CLOSE to as many stripe/style options for creating uniforms. You also can't create your roster, nor reuse real team uniforms etc. Also, you can't download teams created by other people.

Where do you think it is better? It has fight songs and rivals, plus some mix/match generic stadium options. But other than that, I'm curious what you liked about the PS2 version than TeamBuilder.

Thanks!
Well, you can edit classes/positions/equipment and fix the roster to your liking...you don't have to settle for a pre-set roster, basically, position-wise and equipment-wise...I liked how you could pick your team's rival...When picking stadiums, sure they are generic, but I would rather have generic stadiums where you can choose if there's a track/no track, where the press box is, where the scoreboard is, where the videoboard is, etc., than choose a generic stadium in the current teambuilder and not be able to edit it at all, or even moreso, choose a stadium based off another team and have to deal with that team's signs and colors still being present in the stadium.

I just feel there is more customization with the roster, and that's the big thing, IMO. You can choose classes (including redshirts), you can move all the players around, you can edit everything about their appearance (plus I feel there's more variety in what you make the players look like due to more hair options, next-gen seems very cookie cutter), and can edit any and all equipment.

Like I said, obviously the logos are a big thing, and maybe that overrules for a lot of people, and I don't blame them. I love having my school's logo in the game, but I also love the flexibility of the rosters. The uniform choices...eh...if you are trying to replicate an actual team, whether it's a D-1, D-2, D-3, NAIA, high school, JUCO school, their uniform/helmet options are available on PS2. A lot of the uniform/helmet options in teambuilder are ones that I've never seen before and wouldn't bother using since I'm not one to make fantasty teams, but I fully understand that a lot of people do.

Basically, everything that can be done in teambuilder can be done on PS2's create-a-school with the exception of the custom logos...while the PS2 can make up for that by having much more flexibility with the roster, and more flexibility with the stadium you select.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

but I have to say that uniforms look so much sweeter and real on ps3-

and I am one of those guys that abused the ps2 team builder up and down- always wanting to show them to others!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »