Home

just wondering

This is a discussion on just wondering within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuat8210
oh, ok thanks for that, i dont have anything to worry about then all i do is my high school teams in tx. ive done about 6 so far and going to do ore. this is cool. my bro is going to give me his slots so im going to do all of our district foes plus some more and make a dynasty of high schools only
....and just to rain on your parade... you can only load 12 TeamBuilder teams in a single Dynasty.

So the best you can get is a High School conference.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
ok, now what makes a team flagged or deleted ? why are they doing this? who is doing this? and im new to this so thats why im asking a lot of quest.
Oh man, welcome to the party. This debate has been going on since someone discovered the "logo authorization" issue two days before release.

Here's the scoop, as best as I can make out:

In order to give gamers the ability to download custom logos, MS and Sony forced this "logo authorization" crud on EA. MS and Sony want to make sure that we aren't playing - either online or offline- with logos that MS and Sony deem "offensive" or "copyrighted".

Many questions have been asked about this, such as "Why can't logo authorization be done once and for all at the time the team is created, instead of having to log into Xbox Live each time?" They never answered, but I am sure that the answer is that they want to be able to stop using logos that weren't flagged for offensiveness at the time ytou downloaded it but got flagged later.

Personally, I hated the "logo authorization", for two reasons:

(1). It can be a hassle for people who don't have their console hooked up to the internet; we have to drag our cable out every time we want to use a team that has custom logos.

(2) More importantly, I think it's a bit unethical. MS and Sony are checking logos that you have on your own privately owned personal console to make sure that you don't use logos that they don't want you to use. I can agree that logo authorization needs to be done for online games, but I think that they are out of line for authorizing logos for "play now" games.

Don't get me wrong. People should not use offensive logos. But most of us are big boys and won't do that anyway. But I know that some people will never grow out of puberty, so they should control it online. I believe they have no business controlling the personal private "play now" use of logos that would have already been authorized if they had done so at the time of team creation.

There, sermon over.

Last edited by 2krules; 07-30-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
....and just to rain on your parade... you can only load 12 TeamBuilder teams in a single Dynasty.

So the best you can get is a High School conference.
ok thanks what if i get 12 extra slots i know that some conf. only have 12 teams like the big 12 but what if i got 12 extra slots then could i use them for another conf?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Oh man, welcome to the party. This debate has been going on since someone discovered the "logo authorization" issue two days before release.

Here's the scoop, as best as I can make out:

In order to give gamers the ability to download custom logos, MS and Sony forced this "logo authorization" crud on EA. MS and Sony want to make sure that we aren't playing - either online or offline- with logos that MS and Sony deem "offensive" or "copyrighted".

Many questions have been asked about this, such as "Why can't logo authorization be done once and for all at the time the team is created, instead of having to log into Xbox Live each time?" They never answered, but I am sure that the answer is that they want to be able to stop using logos that weren't flagged for offensiveness at the time ytou downloaded it but got flagged later.

Personally, I hated the "logo authorization", for two reasons:

(1). It can be a hassle for people who don't have their console hooked up to the internet; we have to drag our cable out every time we want to use a team that has custom logos.

(2) More importantly, I think it's a bit unethical. MS and Sony are checking logos that you have on your own privately owned personal console to make sure that you don't use logos that they don't want you to use. I can agree that logo authorization needs to be done for online games, but I think that they are out of line for authorizing logos for "play now" games.

Don't get me wrong. People should not use offensive logos. But most of us are big boys and won't do that anyway. But I know that some people will never grow out of puberty, so they should control it online. I believe they have no business controlling the personal private "play now" use of logos that would have already been authorized if they had done so at the time of team creation.

There, sermon over.
man that is crazy to hear, well now i know what not to do and what i can do i agree they should not have the right to look into play now games , but i have nothing to worry about cause i just use the logos from the tb website for one its faster and the main reason is i have no idea what i would be doing or how to download a custum logo anyways. thanks again
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
man that is crazy to hear, well now i know what not to do and what i can do i agree they should not have the right to look into play now games , but i have nothing to worry about cause i just use the logos from the tb website for one its faster and the main reason is i have no idea what i would be doing or how to download a custum logo anyways. thanks again
No prob. Your question gave me another opportunity to vent. If enough people were to vent, maybe they'd make some changes to the way they do the authorization.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »