Home

NCAA 11 & new teambuilder

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 & new teambuilder within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
NCAA 11 & new teambuilder

The teambuilder site obviously is still up and teambuilder will most likely be in next year's game but will they create a new site or at some point add new options to it?

They obviously need to make upgrades to teambuilder by giving us a text box to put names on the front of jerseys, new sock options, etc but will it be a whole new teambuilder site or will they at some point close the current site, update it and use it for only NCAA 11?

I know chances are no one knows the answer to the question except EA people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 11 & new teambuilder

I think it would be fairly easy to keep both the Tb10 site and an updated site for NCAA11 simply by adding an option at the login screen to pick between NCAA10 and NCAA11.

The real question is would they want to. On the old Madden PC games, there were always warnings stating that the online matchup servers would cease to function around the time the new Madden PC game was due to ship. I personally think they'll do something similar to the NCAA10 Tb to not so subtlety nudge people toward NCAA11 Tb.

As far as the site, it should be relatively seamless transition since they're more than likely upgrading the existing framework and not completely redesigning it. Some people designed hundreds of teams, it would be unwise to force them to both give up NCAA10 Tb AND have to create all those teams from scratch. So for us it should just be a matter of opening an NCAA10-made team and adding NCAA11 features to it, kind of like opening a Word 03 document in Word 07.

But that's just my uninformed opinion.

Last edited by prowler; 01-01-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I'd have to agree with that guy. To make money and force people to buy the new game they'd close it, but then you risk pissing people off who've spent hours making hundreds of teams and may give EA the middle finger by not buying the new one. I like the idea of updating the pre-existing teams in updated TB. I hope they do that.

I also hope they figure out a way to ADD teams to dynasty rather than replacing one with a TB school. Use the 12 slot idea for this and then give us the freedom of having 119(or whatever) TB schools by replacing unlimitedly. In case we wanna do an ALL NAIA dynasty or something...adding a custom playoff option would be a huge plus with this also.

maybe I should have posted this in the NCAA '11 wishlist thread.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

^
i agree that i wish we'd be able to add more than 12 teams but you have to replace teams in order to add teambuilder teams. You can't just add teams to the 120 teams already in the game. For example, you can't just add 4 extra teams without replacing a team so you have 124 teams instead of 120. It would screw up scheduling of every school since you need a schedule for the 4 new schools.

But i do think we should be able to add as many teambuilder teams to a dynasty as we want. So if i have 24 teambuilder slots, i can replace 24 real schools with teambuilder schools.

Otherwise what is the point of buying and getting more slots? I preordered the game to get the 13 extra slots thinking i could do that but then found out you could only replace 12 schools so the 13 extra slots were pointless.

They also need to figure out a way to let us edit teambuilder schools outside of dynasty, in terms of roster. I should be able to edit a teambuilder school's equipment to use in an exhibition game.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Why in the world would EA start completely over?

They'll update the site(which is still in beta form last time I saw it).

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »