Home

Has there been...

This is a discussion on Has there been... within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
Has there been...

any news on Team Builder and what will be new for NCAA 11? Any information would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Has there been...

The only news so far is the ability to put #s on helmets, ala Alabama.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
The only news so far is the ability to put #s on helmets, ala Alabama.
oh, hmmm... wonder if we'll get any news at E3 about this?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

if we can't replace all 120 teams with team builder with user created teams, I'm not buying this year.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
if we can't replace all 120 teams with team builder with user created teams, I'm not buying this year.
Unfortunately, I think you're going to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
oh, hmmm... wonder if we'll get any news at E3 about this?
Hopefully. I think the TeamBuilder stuff came out during E3 last year, if I remember correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
Rookie

[quote=Lava;2041091942]Unfortunately, I think you're going to be disappointed.

I'm not disappointed, I just won't buy the game.

Just seems like it could be an easy thing for them to do.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

don't think that will be possible for a while, or at least until they change the way teambuilder teams work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all the teambuilder teams, once imported into a dynasty, has to have their logos(and other team info I suppose) loaded into memory(RAM) for use in the dynasty menus since they are not on the disc(the custom logos at least). I don't see them jumping from 12 to 120 anytime soon as neither the PS3 or 360 have that much memory(both have 512MB RAM). I don't know how they manage memory during dynasty mode or how much they are using up.

I think some of the FCS logos are on the disc though(the ones that EA provided on the TB site), but not sure if that makes a difference in this situation as I'm sure they have to plan for all the TB teams being imported using custom logos not on the disc. probably the same reason why TB teams are not usable on the main menus as well, you can have up to 120 TB teams downloaded, but none are actually "loaded" until you import them into dynasty, or load them in exhibition.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
don't think that will be possible for a while, or at least until they change the way teambuilder teams work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all the teambuilder teams, once imported into a dynasty, has to have their logos(and other team info I suppose) loaded into memory(RAM) for use in the dynasty menus since they are not on the disc(the custom logos at least). I don't see them jumping from 12 to 120 anytime soon as neither the PS3 or 360 have that much memory(both have 512MB RAM). I don't know how they manage memory during dynasty mode or how much they are using up.

I think some of the FCS logos are on the disc though(the ones that EA provided on the TB site), but not sure if that makes a difference in this situation as I'm sure they have to plan for all the TB teams being imported using custom logos not on the disc. probably the same reason why TB teams are not usable on the main menus as well, you can have up to 120 TB teams downloaded, but none are actually "loaded" until you import them into dynasty, or load them in exhibition.
I think you guys are right, but half the time the server is down anyway and we can't see the logos. I think they could have fcs logos and generic logos on the disk that it would access, and allow us to only use online to access user created logos. For a company that boasts being innovative, they should be able to do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »