Home

NCAA Football 11 TeamBuilder Website Now Live

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 TeamBuilder Website Now Live within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 11 TeamBuilder Website Now Live

K heres my new update for the MSU uniforms.
-I changed the shade of green to what I believe is more accurate to the new color.
-Added the darker helmet with the tapered stripe (stripe isnt wide enough but it was as close as I could get)
-Changed font to all caps
-Left the jersey numbers in italics. The others just look to bland to me when comparing them to the new uniforms numbers. Totally personal preference here though, I believe.
-No logos on pants now since teambuilder will only let you use 2 logos and I had to use the white spartan logo for the helmet.
msu unis.jpg
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #258
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5

Nice job, much better. You can make the alternate green jersey too (super easy)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by $D-Money$
Nice job, much better. You can make the alternate green jersey too (super easy)
yep, Ive got that too just chose not to post it.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #260
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

A few things that I think could be added even after the game is released.As in "could be" I mean physically possible with the disc issues, not "could be" as in "I think they could be working on this". I'm not expecting these.

1. 4 Pants to go with the 4 tops- seriously, if teams like UF and Oregon can have like 4 pants on the disc, why wouldn't it be able to read a TB's 4 pants?
2. Another logo(or two)- Mentioned with the transparent thing last year. Doesn't seem too different, so I'd assume it could be done.
3. 4 helmets- same explanation as 4 pants

Those are just a few. Anywho, I doubt they'd do any of that anyway. No disrespect towards any of the EA guys out there, I realize you focused on other things, I'm just saying these things could be done.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #261
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i think the fact that they addressed all of the criticism they've been getting over the minor (and i stress minor) additions to teambuilder shows they know that people are disappointed over this. They chalked it off as the people that worked on teambuilder are the people that worked on dynasty wire this year so because of time they spent most of it towards dynasty wire.

I think next year they know they need to at least do something to teambuilder to really make us feel like there has been a change. Now having this year to figure out how to keep all the teams already created, available for next year, thats one thing they already know how to do so now i think its just about the additions they need to make like Pride Stickers, choosing a rival, more stadiums, pro style socks, different colored socks, adding nike/adidas/under armour logos to uniforms or choosing which brand of cleats you want, etc.

There are so many things people have put on teambuilder wishlists on many sites and they really only hit 1 thing on that list so that leaves them with a lot of options to add stuff next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #262
Banned

OVR: 14

michigan State can never make up their mind- and yet its pretty much the same-

http://www.helmethut.com/College/Mic.../MSUINDEX.html

love the really big logos..sort of
Old 06-23-2010, 01:10 AM   #263
MVP

OVR: 29

Honestly if you really expected a huge update you were just kidding yourself. If you remember this feature in last gen went virtually untouched from year to year. I posted in the wishlist thread several months ago that if the only update we got was a textbox I would dance a jig and I still stand by that comment. Teambuilder is abosolutely the most innovative feature of it's kind on any sports game I've ever played and I find it comical that people are looking for things like a 3rd logo option when no other create feature even has two or let alone allows you to import just one.

I'm not separating myself from the crowd that wants more. I'd love a few more uniform options, sock/shoe color, and yes even another logo slot, but to actually expect those things one year removed from the debut and especially in a year when so many other aspects of the game have clearly been worked on to me is just silly.

Also, regarding the textbox I think some people are just not getting what a monumental addition it is. Of course you can pick it apart and say there's not enough font options or the color outline looks off, but you can't argue with the fact that it's a huge milestone in the create a team genre. Think about this; what sport would you think a textbox would be most necessary for creating a realistic team? Easy answer, basketball. I defy you to show me a pro, college, or even high school basketball jersey that doesn't include some type of text. Conversely, there are plenty of examples in all levels of football, baseball, or hockey that have zero writing. My point is that no basketball game to date has had a textbox included in their create mode, but here we are with one for a football game. A great example of the above point is NBA 2K10. I love that series and was excited to play this version because for the first time in several years they updated their create a team feature. I have to say it was a pretty good; some decent logos, cool uniforms, but you all know where I"m going with this. There was no textbox option the best they could do was allow you to put your one and only game created logo where the textbox should have been. For me this made the entire feature worthless because I couldn't make a team that would actually look like it belonged in the NBA. The textbox along with the two logo options allow us to make teams with personality to match their real life counter parts which to me should be the goal of any create a team mode.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #264
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Honestly if you really expected a huge update you were just kidding yourself. If you remember this feature in last gen went virtually untouched from year to year.
Um, this feature wasnt in last gen. Can't compare an internet based teambuilder to a disc based CAS. It wasn't unrealistic to expect more than just a textbox to be included in a feature that is as innovative as teambuilder is. I doubt it would have taken too much time for them to add pro style socks or the ability to change the socks to a color other than black or white. Same with adding Pride Stickers. Or at least a text box that could fit full school names. Can't fit Michigan State, Northeastern, and a lot of other names out there. Is a textbox a big addition? Sure because it saves a logo spot and lets us put text on the chest but i dont think anybody expected them to just add a textbox and nothing else.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 06-23-2010 at 01:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »