Home

No recruiting pipeline for home state!

This is a discussion on No recruiting pipeline for home state! within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2
No recruiting pipeline for home state!

My Texas Teambuilder team has no recruiting pipeline for Texas -- the dynasty program shows 49 of my roster players from FL, 14 from GA and 4 from LA. (I changed my home state to Ala and got an identical result). My intuition tells me that this is a programming glitch, but during a brief search I couldn't find the issue mentioned in another thread. Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No recruiting pipeline for home state!

Curious, which roster template did you choose for your team?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Curious, which roster template did you choose for your team?
Average Joes. I made a significant number of ratings downgrades to that roster to create a one-star team with mostly C and D recruiting program attributes. Based upon the lack of response to my post, I must have tapped into a system anomaly. My prospect map doesn't show my home state of Texas highlighted in any way and yet, most of the interested recruits are from Texas.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
Average Joes. I made a significant number of ratings downgrades to that roster to create a one-star team with mostly C and D recruiting program attributes. Based upon the lack of response to my post, I must have tapped into a system anomaly. My prospect map doesn't show my home state of Texas highlighted in any way and yet, most of the interested recruits are from Texas.
In one of the pre-season blogs about recruiting they spoke about how proximity to home would play a larger role in a recruits preference this year. I would assume this is why you have many recruits from Texas interested, even though they are not one of your pipeline states.

I had the same thing happen to me. I created a school based in NY, but I used Western Kentucky as the roster template. My pipeline states were southern states such as KY, TN, FL. However, I had plenty of interested recruits from NY / NJ / CT even though neither of those states were pipeline states for me.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pitt
In one of the pre-season blogs about recruiting they spoke about how proximity to home would play a larger role in a recruits preference this year. I would assume this is why you have many recruits from Texas interested, even though they are not one of your pipeline states.

I had the same thing happen to me. I created a school based in NY, but I used Western Kentucky as the roster template. My pipeline states were southern states such as KY, TN, FL. However, I had plenty of interested recruits from NY / NJ / CT even though neither of those states were pipeline states for me.
That's good to know steel Pitt. Lesson learned: I have a poor team that struggles to recruit and thus, I should have used a template from another Texas team to maintain the Texas pipeline and earn the pipeline recruiting bonus that accompanies it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Pipelines are based off the roster template, interested recruits are based on the state chosen for the TB squad. Last year I used Wisconsin's roster template for my Washington TB squad and had most of the Great Lake states in my pipeline but most of the interested recruits came from Washington.

The Average Joes template is UCF renumbered which would explain why you don't have a pipeline to Texas and why the bulk of your players are from Florida.

Last edited by prowler; 07-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

I might have stumbled upon an even bigger problem... I'm doing an OD with Rutgers, and at the beginning of this first season it does not have New Jersey or New York as pipeline states on my map.

I created an offline dynasty with Rutgers just to see how that would compare, and in that dynasty it does have New Jersey and New York as pipeline states....

This could really screw me over in my OD. Anybody else have this issue?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Figured something out that if you want certain states for recruiting pipeline you have to use a school that has those states as your format when creating your team.

You can change every rating if you want but as long as you start with the shell of a team... you will have that school pipeline.

Hope it helps.

Big Bennett

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »