Home

Teambuilder pipeline states

This is a discussion on Teambuilder pipeline states within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2
Teambuilder pipeline states

Pipeline states are determined in two ways:

1. If you use an existing team's roster, then you get the pipelines of the team whose roster you used. I get the region of the team's roster used, but sometimes 2-3 states and sometimes 4-5 states randomly.

2. If you use a generic roster such as "cupcake" or "powerhouse" and all of those in between. Results may vary. Although "cupcake" is Tulane and "powerhouse" is Alabama, that doesn't mean that you won't have some pipelines magically show up outside of the region based on what team you replace or something. Nothing else has been confirmed anywhere that i can find.

The best workaround that I can come up with is to find the team whose pipelines are what you want and use that roster, and then edit the player ratings up or down to suit what you are looking for to start your dynasty. The generic rosters are still wonky this year and i end up doing more editing than i do with the workaround, and the generic pipelines are apparently bugged as well.

Hope this can save you guys some time.

(Updated to match the info gathered here.)

Last edited by BoomerSooner420; 08-01-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Teambuilder pipeline states

Yup! I was was just about to post about this. I had to adjust my FCS schools so the pipeline states would be close by or include the right state.

Last edited by imwhatzup; 07-28-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner420
I've seen misinformation on this topic in several places so I just wanted to clarify. Pipeline states are determined in two ways:

1. If your TB team's roster is generic or created from scratch basically, then you get the pipelines of the team you replace in dynasty mode.

2. If your TB team uses an existing team's roster, then you get the pipelines of the team whose roster you used.

Examples:

1. I created a team using the "cupcake" roster, then replaced Tulane in dynasty mode. I got Tulane's pipelines.

2. I created a team using Temple's roster, then replaced Tulane in dynasty mode. I got Temple's pipelines. (so my team from oklahoma had all east coast players and pipelines)

The best workaround that I can come up with is to find the team whose pipelines are what you want and use that roster, and then edit the player ratings up or down to suit what you are looking for to start your dynasty. The generic rosters are still wonky this year and i end up doing more editing than i do with the workaround.

Hope this can save you guys some time.
have to clarify this a little bit actually, i think you suffered from a coincidence

I created a cupcake team and replaced Eastern Michigan. I got Tulane's pipeline states (TX, LA, GA, FL). The cupcake... ... ...is Tulane. Sorry about that. I don't really mind too much because I just use house rules when it comes to those states. But yeah just wanted to point that out, I don't know how similar the cupcake roster is to Tulane, but I read somewhere that each of the pre-set generic rosters ("Air It Out", "Average Joes", etc.) has a set of pipeline states that can not be changed as far as I know. Don't know which is which, other than "Powerhouse" is Alabama (I read that somewhere anyways)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

Actually I think it's a little bit of both... or just flat out confusing.

I created two TB squads; Tiburon-Alabama and Tiburon-Powerhouse and gave them the corresponding rosters (Alabama and Powerhouse), I didn't change either location from default Maitland, Florida.

I replaced Washington State with Tiburon-AL and replaced Arizona with Tiburon-POW.

Alabama's pipelines with default rosters are Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida and Tennessee.

Tiburon-AL ended up with Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Louisiana as it's pipelines. (WSU's pipelines are California and Washington.)

Tiburon-POW ended up with California, Arizona and Georgia as it's pipelines. (Arizona's pipelines are California, Arizona and Texas.)

I switched them (Tib-AL replacing Arizona and Tib-POW replacing WSU) and the pipelines didn't change. I even replaced random teams (Cincinnati, Wake Forest and a couple others) with Tib-POW and the pipelines didn't change.

Then I moved both teams from Florida to Delaware, replaced WSU with Tib-AL and Arizona with Tib-POW and got this:

Tib-AL's pipelines were: Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee. Tib-POW's only pipeline was California.

All that being said, I have no idea what the full criteria is for pipelines, but the state plays a role, the pipelines of the team being replaced does not and the generic rosters do not have the same pipelines as their counterparts.

Last edited by prowler; 07-29-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

Yeah, after making a few more what I'm seeing is the ncaa team rosters will generally give you the pipelines from the team's roster that was used. Plus or minus a couple of states, but the correct region none the less. I stopped messing with the generic rosters, trying to find all the wackiness like WR's with short skinny DB legs and an OL's upper body, CB's with better THA than my starting qb, and then correcting it in game, takes me alot longer than editing stats in TB.

My last check, I tried the "average joes" roster for 2 TB teams in Oklahoma, switched Mustang for SMU and got SMU's pipelines, switched Oklahoma Tech for New Mexico and got New Mexico's pipelines. The "average joes" roster has a ton of bugs though. When i put my "cupcake" UCO team into a few different places I got Tulane's pipelines every time, just as Zeke said. If somebody wants to test all the generic rosters, I'd be happy to update the first post to reflect your findings, but i will be moving on with edited versions of ncaa team rosters.

Last edited by BoomerSooner420; 07-30-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

Found another interesting (and equally confusing) tidbit. Everytime you resave a TB squad, the hometowns of players rotate based on the hometowns of the actual players on the roster at their position.

Example: For my main TB team I use Washington State's roster (no one tell Potatoes), and two of my impact players are the right defensive end and tight end.

The RDE is almost always shown during player introductions and his hometown is either Mercer Island, WA; E Los Angeles, CA or Henderson, NC. Those are the hometowns of WSU's three RDEs; Travis Long, Jessy Sanchez and Kevin Kooyman.

On the few occasions when the TE is shown during player intros, his hometown is either Bremeton, WA (Skylar Stormo); Martha Lake, WA (Aaron Dunn) or Parkland, WA (Andrei Lintz); the three hometowns for WSU's three TEs.

Lastly, on the two occasions I remember my starting QB getting seriously injured (trainers on the field cut scene), his hometown was either Coos Bay, OR (Dan Wagner) or Renton, WA (Marshall Lobbestael); two of WSU's four QBs.

Not sure how (of if) this affects roster pipelines but there's the info.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

Good information. I created Gonzaga, used the cupcake rosters, replaced San Jose State. My pipelines are Louisiana, Florida, and Texas. No idea how that worked.

Created my alma mater, Winona State, might use the Minnesota rosters and redo the ratings and names to make it my own.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 08-01-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

Meatloaf, that's because the "cupcake" roster appears to be Tulane. So you can't create a "cupcake" team with correct pipelines unless it's in the Louisiana area. Which would suggest that all of the generic rosters are actually one of the ncaa teams, so you might as well pick a suitable school in the area you want, anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »