Home

Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.)

This is a discussion on Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.) within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

'85; '88; '93; '04 Oklahoma teams. Tried to remove my bias as much as possible. All under xbox360 "oklahomab"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

2004 USC is complete: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...459:1281407713

GT: SoulAssassin925

OVR: A-
OFF: A
DEF: A-

*The typo in J.D. Booty's last name (Boody) was done due to the teambuilder censor

Quote:
The 2004 USC Trojans football team represented the University of Southern California in the 2004-2005 NCAA Division I-A college football season. The team won the 2004 national championship by winning the 2005 Orange Bowl, that year's BCS National Championship Game.[1] It was the school's first undisputed national championship since 1972.
Quarterback Matt Leinart won the Heisman Trophy as the most outstanding collegiate football player in the U.S.; teammate, running back Reggie Bush finished fifth in Heisman voting, winning the following year. Both were named co-winners of the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year.[2] The team captains were Shaun Cody, Matt Grootegoed and Matt Leinart.[3]
Because of the controversy that ended the 2003 NCAA Division I-A football season with a split national title between LSU and USC, the motto for the Trojans' 2004 season became "Leave No Doubt."[4] Ironically, the changes made to the BCS due to the 2003 season did not resolve issues with multiple undefeated teams, as Auburn and Utah finished undefeated, yet they did not get to play USC or any other team for the title.
On June 10, 2010, USC was forced to vacate its two wins from December 2004 and all wins from the 2005 season due to results of an NCAA investigation into possible violations by the Trojans' football and men's basketball programs. The vacated games included the Trojans' Orange Bowl win, making it very likely that the Trojans will be stripped of the 2004 BCS title.[5] However, the Associated Press has said that it will still recognize USC as 2004 National Champion.[6] The university has filed an appeal of the sanctions.[7]
src
http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos..._pdf/oklarel04
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/s...outherncal.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_US..._football_team
http://cfreference.net/cfr/school.s?id=726&season=2004
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 6

1993 North Carolina
sbishop70
Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #44
MVP

1994 Texas Tech
pbrian44
Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #45
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
'85; '88; '93; '04 Oklahoma teams. Tried to remove my bias as much as possible. All under xbox360 "oklahomab"
'85 Oklahoma! Love that team... I was meaning to add them to the list of teams I'd like to see, must've slipped my mind... Great team though... Jamelle Holieway running things with Keith Jackson keepin' the defense honest... And of course, The Boz on D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #46
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
2004 USC is complete...
I realize there are going to be variations because we have different people doing different teams, and I also realize that these variations may not even matter that much because a point here or a point there in a player's overall rating probably won't matter that much...

But I kind of think you may have underrated this team:

Leinart... 1st team AA, Heisman winner... Only a 90.
Reggie Bush... 1st team AA, generally very highly regarded... Only a 92.

Other 1st team AAs:
DE Shaun Cody, LB Matt Grootegoed, DT Mike Patterson and LB Lofa Tatupu...

None of them over 94.

I don't know... I think maybe this team could use a little bump up in some spots. After all, this team gets thrown into the conversation when you talk about the all time greatest teams in college football history.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
I realize there are going to be variations because we have different people doing different teams, and I also realize that these variations may not even matter that much because a point here or a point there in a player's overall rating probably won't matter that much...

But I kind of think you may have underrated this team:

Leinart... 1st team AA, Heisman winner... Only a 90.
Reggie Bush... 1st team AA, generally very highly regarded... Only a 92.

Other 1st team AAs:
DE Shaun Cody, LB Matt Grootegoed, DT Mike Patterson and LB Lofa Tatupu...

None of them over 94.

I don't know... I think maybe this team could use a little bump up in some spots. After all, this team gets thrown into the conversation when you talk about the all time greatest teams in college football history.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Actually, I had some players rated higher and then bumped them down after thinking I might've had them over rated. I didn't want to appear too bias.. lol.. even though I'm not a USC guy.

Please share some insight on some of these guys... and how much higher you believe they should go. I'll make an update to the ratings asap. Patterson (i under rated him far too much), Leinart, and Bush will get a bump for sure.

I tried to focus the strength of the team around the lines on both sides of the ball, and the great front seven on their defense that year because thats how I remembered them from watching their games... but I don't think I gave Leinart and Bush enough credit.. lol.

Thanks in advance.

I should have Aaron Rodgers and '04 Cal ready this afternoon.

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 08-11-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #48
MVP

I wouldn't bump Leinhart too too much, maybe a 92. He's sort of like Ken Dorsey. He's a guy that's hard to rate. When he was in college he had high production and looked like a completely different player than he does in the pros. A guy surrounded by extremely talented guys. He should have high awareness, and accuracy. But arm strength should be marginal. Even if he does have a breakout year this season with the Cardinals, it took alot of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »