Home

Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.)

This is a discussion on Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc.) within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #49
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

^ True, Leinart may have one been of those guys whose success was dependent on those around him, but still... Heisman winner, and there was talk of him being the #1 pick if he woulda come out that year.

I think these ratings should also take into account the success they might have had on the field, and reward them as such... So that the overall team feels just like it did that particular year.

SoulAssassin, I guess don't be afraid to bump a handful of guys up well into that 94-99 range... You know, the real stars of that team.

I think Bush should be one of those guys, along with Lofa Tatupu. Bush for obvious reasons, he was pretty much a phenom back then. Tatupu, only a 2nd round NFL pick, but proved to be a steal making three straight Pro Bowls right out of college.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-11-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Classic and Historic Team Hub (post your teams here, learn how to make teams, etc

*2004 Trojans updated (ratings)

OVR: A+
OFF: A+
DEF: A

^updated team ratings per changes.

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 08-12-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #51
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
I realize there are going to be variations because we have different people doing different teams, and I also realize that these variations may not even matter that much because a point here or a point there in a player's overall rating probably won't matter that much...

But I kind of think you may have underrated this team:

Leinart... 1st team AA, Heisman winner... Only a 90.
Reggie Bush... 1st team AA, generally very highly regarded... Only a 92.

Other 1st team AAs:
DE Shaun Cody, LB Matt Grootegoed, DT Mike Patterson and LB Lofa Tatupu...

None of them over 94.

I don't know... I think maybe this team could use a little bump up in some spots. After all, this team gets thrown into the conversation when you talk about the all time greatest teams in college football history.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.
Doug Flutie at his best with full Madden Ratings applied to NCAA 11 is barely a 93 overall

Jeff George at his best with full Madden Ratings is only a 91....

This isn't a criticism but I just feel too many people stress way too much over a players overall when his tendencies should be the most important aspect on the field not his overall rating.

The reason why so many teams on TB is jacked up IMO is because it appears lots of guys seem to compete with each in creating the highest rated players overall and not many of them focuses on strenght's and weaknesses anymore.

There are RB's who turned into Kick Returners on some of the teams I saw being rated a 95 overall which is laughable....Michael Wiley a 90+ are you serious

I've seen QB's who didn't even sniff a down of NFL ball rated 99 overall and I have guys like Flutie, George or Jeff Cook in the low 90's...even though I know those guys were better than some of the QB's i see on TB i just can't allow myself to jack up their ratings as if they were Unitas or Elway type QB's who'm I consider ELITE HOF QB's deserving of 95+ overall

I like that this thread was created to help more people try to atleast create teams in a realistic manner.

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-12-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #52
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
...tendencies should be the most important aspect on the field not his overall rating...
True, tendencies will give you a more accurate rendering of a player's skill, but for these specific teams I think you need to recognize and reward their performance for that particular year... Which is more or less reflected in their overall rating.

So having Bush and Leinart of the 2004 Trojans in that 94-99 overall rating range will make them feel more like the Bush and Leinart for that specific year.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #53
Rookie

2004 Cal completed: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...459:1281406430

Quote:
In 2004, the Bears posted a 10–2 record under Tedford and quarterback Aaron Rodgers, with their only regular season loss coming against the eventual national champion, USC. California finished the regular season ranked No. 4 according to polls, and appeared to have an excellent chance to receive an at-large BCS bowl berth, most likely in the Rose Bowl. Under normal circumstances, the Bears, as Pac-10 runner-up, would have had first crack at a Rose Bowl berth since conference champion USC was playing for the national championship.
Nonetheless, in a controversial case, the Texas coach Mack Brown made impassioned pleas to media asking poll voters reconsider their final votes. 10-1 Cal was mysteriously rated as low as 7th by some coaches, and Texas received an increase in votes in the last Coaches Poll of the season despite Cal's win in their final game, allowing the Longhorns to pass the Bears into the No. 4 spot in the BCS rankings and guaranteeing Texas the BCS berth. As a result heavy of lobbying of their reporters, the Associated Press poll withdrew from the BCS immediately afterward. The Longhorns went on to beat Michigan 38–37 in the Rose Bowl, while Cal was upset by No. 21 Texas Tech 45–31 in the Holiday Bowl and finished the season ranked No. 9.
OVR: A
OFF: A
DEF: A-

Offense:
1) Aaron Rogers QB
2) JJ Arrington RB
3) Geoff MacArthur WR
4) Ryan O'Callaghan RT
5) Garrett Cross TE

Defense:
1) Donnie McClesky ROV (SS)
2) Lorenzo Alexander DT
3) Daymeion Hughes CB
4) Wendell Hunter OLB
5) Joe Maningo MLB

SRC:
http://california.scout.com/a.z?s=16...d=null&yr=2004
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/s...california.htm
http://cfreference.net/cfr/school.s?id=251&season=2004
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...Bears_football
http://www.calbears.com/auto_pdf/p_h..._pdf/04-roster

(updated overall for 2004 USC btw listed at end of page 5)

next projects: '06 Boise State Broncos
'95 Northwestern Wildcats

Last edited by SoulAssassin; 08-12-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

I have the Nortwestern Rose Bowl on cassette as a point of reference if you need help with the ratings. Always wanted to play with this team. Somebody made them last year but they were highly overrated. It will also be hard to find a playbook for them. If I remember correctly they ran some crazy formations. The broken wishbone and the I-Bone as I recall.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I have the Nortwestern Rose Bowl on cassette as a point of reference if you need help with the ratings. Always wanted to play with this team. Somebody made them last year but they were highly overrated. It will also be hard to find a playbook for them. If I remember correctly they ran some crazy formations. The broken wishbone and the I-Bone as I recall.
I was thinking 'multiple' originally but I don't really remember much other than I think they ran alot of singleback formations with Autry? I watched quite a few of their games that year but can't really remember much other than Autry being a beast.

luckily there's quite a bit of of youtube footage available too: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+football&aq=f
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #56
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

I just started '71 Nebraska...

There was one pretty good one of this team already done on Teambuilder, but it had a few issues that I just couldn't overlook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »