Home

generating ratings from stats?

This is a discussion on generating ratings from stats? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
generating ratings from stats?

I did a search, and could not find much of an answer...

How do you generate ratings for players? I built the CWU Wildcats from Ellensburg, WA, but when getting into naming the rostered players, I noticed that there was no good way to determine how good each player is.

Is there a formula or tool used to generate player ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

domcolosi's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: generating ratings from stats?

Well, you can usually tell what a player's tendencies are from the stats (eg: Tim Tebow's running stats indicate that he's a scrambler, Chris Leak's abundance of negative rushes indicates that he sits in the pocket and gets sacked sometimes).

Sometimes you can find games to watch online (especially if you have access to ESPN3.com to watch old games), so it becomes apparent who are the best players on a team. Then I just guess, really. If I see a RB doing a spin move successfully, maybe I give him a better spin move and a worse stiffarm, but it's really just a lot of guessing for me...
Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

This is where you get to be fantasy scout and eyeball the talent. Stats are helpful with offense line play. You would see how many times the line allowed sacks. Say if a team allowed 40 sacks, as a unit their pass blocking ratings would be low.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks for the responses, but I'm referring to a tool used to generate player ratings based on stats or other characteristics. I doubt any one person has the time to sit and subjectively watch game films from a team to generate ratings. What a time-consuming task that would be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »