Home

NCAA 2012 The FCS Project

This is a discussion on NCAA 2012 The FCS Project within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #49
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 2012 The FCS Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesto54
Illinois State has 3 B1G transfers that were in 2011 on their previous teams:

Bryant Allen, Minny, 79
Evan Frierson, Illinois, 75
Nate Palmer, Illinois, 73

Do these players "hold" their previous rating?

FWIW these would not be the players I would pick as "impact players"
This brings up a great question. How are we going to deal with transfers for this project? Cal Poly also has an example of a transfer in Mark Rodgers from West Virginia. He played a full season at the FCS level last season. In NCAA Football 2010 he had a rating of ~77ish, but for the purposes of this project last season I believe I gave him around a 70 or 68.

But yeah, what is the plan for dealing with transfers from FBS that actually had ratings in previous versions of NCAA Football 20xx?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #50
Rookie

joesto54's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
This brings up a great question. How are we going to deal with transfers for this project? Cal Poly also has an example of a transfer in Mark Rodgers from West Virginia. He played a full season at the FCS level last season. In NCAA Football 2010 he had a rating of ~77ish, but for the purposes of this project last season I believe I gave him around a 70 or 68.

But yeah, what is the plan for dealing with transfers from FBS that actually had ratings in previous versions of NCAA Football 20xx?
Just my opinion (which doesn't count for squat), but I'm a passionate MVFC fan and it's easy to see that the studs at the FCS level don't top out at 75. Most all-conference players in the MVFC and CAA would start in the MAC.

I know that the goal is to make sure that homers don't overrate their players, but an elite FCS school would be a bowl qualifier any year. A few of those Appy teams that A.Edwards played on would have won some of the mid-major FBS conferences.

I'd rather set a cap for offense/defense ratings. For instance I'd cap Illinois State with a C offense and D defense.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

How about we name our conferences & then we can talk about ratings? No one is reading the opening page & following what is going on. I said we should start of by picking a conference naming the rosters & identify starters. But looks like no one is doing that??????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #52
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallschoolbuilder
How about we name our conferences & then we can talk about ratings? No one is reading the opening page & following what is going on. I said we should start of by picking a conference naming the rosters & identify starters. But looks like no one is doing that??????????????
Because it seems over reduntent to name rosters now and then name them again when teambuilder is released. I think it is more important to figure out realistic ratings for these players and then leave the naming process to each person that is in charge of their team.

It is a lot of work to go in and name the players in excel, then go and name them in Teambuilder. Personally I like to print out a depth chart or roster, have a screen to do research for appearance, ratings, etc., and a screen open with teambuilder as I go and edit the players...
Old 05-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #53
MVP

mrlux's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys, I like the passion that we each have for college football ratings and how we can make this years FCS Roster Project a success. I have some ideas i will share later on this tonight because it may be a long write up and I want to make sure its "read friendly". Plus Im still at work and dont have the time to do it anyways :-) . Once I put this info together we can then start to narrow down the "pros" and "cons" and then come together as a community and make a solid decision. Sound good?

My write will contain info such as:
The Google Spreadsheet
FCS team ratings
FCS player ratings
FBS transfers to FCS school ratings
Helmet/Uniform/Logo Suggestions(something we havent even discussed yet)
NCAA 2014-2015 Season FCS Project: http://bit.ly/1lBm961
NCAA 14 FCS Project: http://bit.ly/121LA1c
Teambuilder Names: Lux21 / Flamflu: http://bit.ly/1vWz0A6
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #54
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Here's a spreadsheet with the following: Academics, Campus, Fan Support, Stadium Size (Based on the ones available in NCAA 11 TB). These are by no means 100% accurate, but I hope they are helpful to at least a person or two...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=COqVtOgP
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have made uniforms for all of the SWAC, CIAA, and some MEAC teams. I have started the SIAC teams. However I have not put names with any of the players. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #56
Rookie

dhs22p's Arena

OVR: 9

I can help with logos again.... When making a team make sure the logo isnt too big on the helmet....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »