Home

Which teams to replace to make my TB teams rivals?

This is a discussion on Which teams to replace to make my TB teams rivals? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Which teams to replace to make my TB teams rivals?

I'm planning on putting in my UTSA and Texas State TB teams, but want them to be rivals of each other. I know that when you replace a team, you only keep one of their rivals. I'm trying to figure out what two teams that I can replace so that my TB teams will be rivals. I'ld prefer to replace two of the lower rated teams from the MAC, but I'm open to other options. If anyone knows of a link that shows all of the teams rivals, that would be helpfull. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Which teams to replace to make my TB teams rivals?

We don't know for sure if the NCAA10/11 method of selecting rivals will remain the same in NCAA12, hopefully EA threw us a bone and will allow us to select rivals.

But barring that small miracle; Akron/Toledo, Western Michigan/Central Michigan, Miami OH/Ohio, NIU/Ball State and Bowling Green/Toledo are each other's primary rivals in the MAC (in NCAA11).

So you have a lot of options on which two teams you want to replace.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

UL Monroe and UL Lafayette
FIU and Florida Atlantic are options as well
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote=prowler;2042474383]We don't know for sure if the NCAA10/11 method of selecting rivals will remain the same in NCAA12, hopefully EA threw us a bone and will allow us to select rivals.
quote]

It would be nice to be able to select the rivals, but I'm not holding my breath. I figure I'll hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Thanks for the MAC rivals info, that helps me out a lot.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 19

I had a GoogleDoc at one time that had the rivals for each team...I'll try to find it. It was under my old account, I'm not sure I can get onto it anymore...

Edit: never mind...it was on my old Google account that got hacked so Google locked it. So that spreadsheet as well as the one showing which teams use what brand are both gone.

Last edited by CoffeyN; 06-13-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
We don't know for sure if the NCAA10/11 method of selecting rivals will remain the same in NCAA12, hopefully EA threw us a bone and will allow us to select rivals.

But barring that small miracle; Akron/Toledo, Western Michigan/Central Michigan, Miami OH/Ohio, NIU/Ball State and Bowling Green/Toledo are each other's primary rivals in the MAC (in NCAA11).

So you have a lot of options on which two teams you want to replace.
How could you get some of these wrong lol. According to the spreadsheet found here, it's Akron/Kent (you picked up BGSU/Toledo ), it's Miami/Cincinnati (Ohio's rival is Miami, so if you don't want Cincinnati automatically, don't replace Miami).

Like was pointed out FAU/FIU is a great selection. Akron/Kent is another. Be careful with ULL. They are LaTech's primary rival so they will wind up on the schedule. At least LaTech vs. a Texas school makes sense yearly, though, so not much of a problem. Texas State vs. Cincinnati is another story.

People often forget that with teambuilder, although you only keep a primary rival, other teams may have a rivalry with you that you aren't reciprocal with. Example: Monroe has ULL, ULL has Monroe, LaTech has ULL. Or the mess with the Michigans. Western has Central, Central has Western, Eastern has Central. Hopefully they fixed the rivalry records, otherwise it doesn't matter. As long as you keep them both in the same conference/division, they'll always play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »