Home

Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

This is a discussion on Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
Rookie

C Spot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Teambuilder going on 3rd year... still no pride stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
Question? Just cause I don't know who has them but are pride stickers in the game anywhere yet?
In 10 there were some teams with pride stickers.Only ones i know are Stanford,USF,Northwestern,Florida State and Ohio State. Michigan State might of too i don't remember
Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
Question? Just cause I don't know who has them but are pride stickers in the game anywhere yet?
Yes there are pride stickers in the game for the teams that use them in real life. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to keep track of how many pride stickers a particular player has (like in past-gen versions of the game).

I used to love seeing how many pride stickers certain players had received (even would pick teams for dynasty just because they had pride stickers). Now I don't really care anymore, becase there is no way to track how many a player has...aside from counting in game, which I am not going to do for every player...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Listen, patience is a virtue. It looks like they are making minor changes this year, but one would almost think that next year TB will be in for an overhaul. This time next year if only minor changes are implemented again, then yes, I can see there being a cause for some out-roar. I don't know, maybe they are gathering every idea and figuring out a way next yr or the yr after to add them to TB.
Patience? This is the same type of thing people said last year when they did nothing to update it. They've already said that there is nothing new in teambuilder this year other than an extra high school stadium and the updated jerseys of teams already in the game. Unless they're lying and they pull a surprise on us and added a bunch of stuff to it, its the same as last year. Teambuilder is releasing pretty late, they have avoided talking about it as much as possible and they wouldn't let a feature go untalked about if they fixed or added things to it.

And i don't mean for it to sound like a bashing EA developers thing and i only use Ben as an example because he's the one they throw out there all the time to give us the sales pitches. We hear the same things over and over from Ben so it gets annoying.

But the NCAA Franchise has taken baby steps every year. And by babysteps i don't mean a baby who's been walking around for a few months. I mean a baby that falls down after 1 or 2 steps because as soon as they address a glitch or problem from the previous year we find 50 more they missed or that are new.

There just isn't much of a difference year in and out and it feels like they do enough just to keep us locked and many are just locked simply over the fact that its the only NCAA Football game option we have.

Its a little ridiculous to think that these developers are the elite of the elite and only ones out there capable of creating a great football game. Over the last few years the progress each year just doesn't make me say wow these guys are doing an amazing job. There are probably many other developers out there who would love a chance to develop an NCAA football game with the financial and technical support of EA Sports behind them. Guys who might have some really innovative ideas, better ways of implementing things, and guys just better overrall at getting us what we want. So i don't mean it to be a bash EA developers type thing, i'm just starting to think this team doesn't have the drive, creativity or really understand what the fans want as much as they think they do.

We're up to NCAA 2012 and the game is still missing basic things you'd expect in a football game strictly from a visual standpoint like eyeblack on players, mouthpieces, long hair. And thats just some visual examples.

With the team there now we might ask for something like new cleats or dreadlocks and they respond with a half a**ed attempt to solve those. Its not they added new cleats from the generics but look at a game like NBA 2k where we can choose from many different styles or a game like MLB the Show where you can edit the colors on the cleats. In NCAA you are stuck with 2 types of Nike cleats, 1 set of adidas, 1 set of under armour. Do college players in real life really only wear 4 different styles of cleats? No. We ask for dreadlocks and they find a guy walking around the office with really long dreads and they just copy his and say "see we added them". Why just add 1 really long set of dreads and sit back and let that be it? They know there are short dreads, long hair, samoan type hair, etc. so why would they just add long dreads and thats it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Patience? This is the same type of thing people said last year when they did nothing to update it. They've already said that there is nothing new in teambuilder this year other than an extra high school stadium and the updated jerseys of teams already in the game. Unless they're lying and they pull a surprise on us and added a bunch of stuff to it, its the same as last year. Teambuilder is releasing pretty late, they have avoided talking about it as much as possible and they wouldn't let a feature go untalked about if they fixed or added things to it.

And i don't mean for it to sound like a bashing EA developers thing and i only use Ben as an example because he's the one they throw out there all the time to give us the sales pitches. We hear the same things over and over from Ben so it gets annoying.

But the NCAA Franchise has taken baby steps every year. And by babysteps i don't mean a baby who's been walking around for a few months. I mean a baby that falls down after 1 or 2 steps because as soon as they address a glitch or problem from the previous year we find 50 more they missed or that are new.

There just isn't much of a difference year in and out and it feels like they do enough just to keep us locked and many are just locked simply over the fact that its the only NCAA Football game option we have.

Its a little ridiculous to think that these developers are the elite of the elite and only ones out there capable of creating a great football game. Over the last few years the progress each year just doesn't make me say wow these guys are doing an amazing job. There are probably many other developers out there who would love a chance to develop an NCAA football game with the financial and technical support of EA Sports behind them. Guys who might have some really innovative ideas, better ways of implementing things, and guys just better overrall at getting us what we want. So i don't mean it to be a bash EA developers type thing, i'm just starting to think this team doesn't have the drive, creativity or really understand what the fans want as much as they think they do.

We're up to NCAA 2012 and the game is still missing basic things you'd expect in a football game strictly from a visual standpoint like eyeblack on players, mouthpieces, long hair. And thats just some visual examples.

With the team there now we might ask for something like new cleats or dreadlocks and they respond with a half a**ed attempt to solve those. Its not they added new cleats from the generics but look at a game like NBA 2k where we can choose from many different styles or a game like MLB the Show where you can edit the colors on the cleats. In NCAA you are stuck with 2 types of Nike cleats, 1 set of adidas, 1 set of under armour. Do college players in real life really only wear 4 different styles of cleats? No. We ask for dreadlocks and they find a guy walking around the office with really long dreads and they just copy his and say "see we added them". Why just add 1 really long set of dreads and sit back and let that be it? They know there are short dreads, long hair, samoan type hair, etc. so why would they just add long dreads and thats it?
I'm right there with you I understand, TB to me is one of NCAA's best features I love it, but I'm not going to sit here and get pissed off when my opinions don't make a difference and the game is two weeks away.

Obviously nothing big is being done this year to TB, but from all the Q&A's and interview's, people want to see a change and more improvements made, almost at the same level as gameplay, it should be one of the top things on their list next year. Again I'm not defending them, I've just come to terms with it.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I'm right there with you I understand, TB to me is one of NCAA's best features I love it, but I'm not going to sit here and get pissed off when my opinions don't make a difference and the game is two weeks away.

Obviously nothing big is being done this year to TB, but from all the Q&A's and interview's, people want to see a change and more improvements made, almost at the same level as gameplay, it should be one of the top things on their list next year. Again I'm not defending them, I've just come to terms with it.
believe me i didnt start this thread hoping stuff would get fixed before the release. I'm no idiot i know whats done is done. But forums are a place where you can voice your displeasure with something and i'm choosing to do so because teambuilder was a feature when it was first announced that i was pumped about and i'm upset that its going on year 3 and they haven't added anything outside of updated unis & 1 hs stadium.

If our teambuilder teams are still forced to wear plain white or plain black cleats i'll be really pissed because it ruins the look of the teams you spend so much time creating.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:16 AM   #14
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't know how you anyone can sit there and say they are "doing nothing" or "taking baby steps". Let's run through some of the major changes/improvements this year:

• Custom conferences - Do you have any idea what programming for something like that involves? To be able to move conferences, shrink and expand them, protect rivalries, edit BCS ties, etc. Plus you can change it every year! That was a HUGE addition.
  • Coaching carousel - Again, this was a MAJOR implementation programming wise. You have to add two coaches for 120 teams, specify them as offensive or defensive, give them styles of play/prestige and whatever else. Then you have to go in and program how the offseason changes will work, make sure each team hires/fires coaches, retire coaches, create new ones...That is a SIGNIFICANT addition.
  • Road to Glory - WOW! I haven't touched this mode in years and I am now excited to play it. There was a TON of stuff added to this mode. They basically took a dead mode and revitalized it. Kudos to them.
  • Custom pregame - This isn't a huge addition but its a nice step up in presentation. I think they need to add commentary because it seems stale watching these animations in silence but it is a step in the right direction.
  • Game track - Basic in its implementation as far as I can tell but another nice step in the right direction. If they add to and refine it next year, that could be another major leap in the improvement of the overall presentation.
  • Coach mode with broadcast camera - This is yet another one of those things that most likely took a TON of work. You have to add a camera angle and then set its paramenters and constantly watch, retool, test, fix, etc. to get it right.
  • Lighting improvements. This is very significant. It may not add a ton of value to all gamers but it is another step in the right direction of creating an authentic experience. This is also something that likely took a LOT of work. You have to adjust this for every time of day and angle and possibly every stadium. Set, test, adjust, re-test, adjust some more. These things take a lot of man hours to implement.
  • Gameplay improvements - Improving zone and collision based tackling. Plus I'm sure there was an effort to fix play action and running out of the spread. These may have been the easiest to "fix" if they have built in sliders they can adjust but they still have to test, adjust, re-test, etc. Plus you have to fix any bugs that arise and possibly add new animations and game logic. Isn't done by just clicking a button.
I can appreciate people being upset and voicing their concerns. I was one of the biggest complainers a few years ago. However, after dabbling in programming, I now understand the programmers don't just type "coaching carousel" into the game and voila, there it is. Its a lot of work.

Plus, the game has a budget and that includes how many programmers and how many hours they can work. That all includes research and development, implementation and testing.

They sent out that survey last year asking for the things people wanted most and are implementing those. They are making steady and significant progress. Yes, things like teambuilder may be taking a back seat right now but you can't do everything at once. Personally, I'd rather have all that they added to NCAA 12 and the same teambuilder than a revamped teambuilder and no coaching carousel or new road to glory.

It definitely needs to be updated and hopefully they will address it next year along with adding some more to the presentation and more customization with bowls. People will likely start wanting more out of the online dynasty pages too.

It all takes time and things get prioritized. That's how businesses work. Sound off if there is a major bug or there are significant flaws in one of the new modes or in the gameplay. But please, don't sit there and say what they've added is minor and they aren't doing anything. This is one of the best dev groups they've had and it seems like they are honestly trying to makes this the sickest game ever. Its just not going to happen overnight.

P.S. The reason all of the things from last gen aren't included is that the new systems and processors and HD, etc all create new issues when programming. Things that were easy on last gen are much more difficult on next gen (they way they are coded and interact with other things). On the flip side, we are getting a TON of new things that were never possible on last gen. I'm sure they are coming, they just need to figure out how to implement them while also keeping the game innovative with new features to keep the fan base happy and drive new customers.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

Last edited by majesty95; 06-30-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 AM   #15
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

You forgot Online Super Sim; I don't remember seeing that on any wishlist yet it took considerable resources to implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I don't know how you anyone can sit there and say they are "doing nothing" or "taking baby steps". Let's run through some of the major changes/improvements this year:

• Custom conferences - Do you have any idea what programming for something like that involves? To be able to move conferences, shrink and expand them, protect rivalries, edit BCS ties, etc. Plus you can change it every year! That was a HUGE addition.
  • Coaching carousel - Again, this was a MAJOR implementation programming wise. You have to add two coaches for 120 teams, specify them as offensive or defensive, give them styles of play/prestige and whatever else. Then you have to go in and program how the offseason changes will work, make sure each team hires/fires coaches, retire coaches, create new ones...That is a SIGNIFICANT addition.
  • Road to Glory - WOW! I haven't touched this mode in years and I am now excited to play it. There was a TON of stuff added to this mode. They basically took a dead mode and revitalized it. Kudos to them.
  • Custom pregame - This isn't a huge addition but its a nice step up in presentation. I think they need to add commentary because it seems stale watching these animations in silence but it is a step in the right direction.
  • Game track - Basic in its implementation as far as I can tell but another nice step in the right direction. If they add to and refine it next year, that could be another major leap in the improvement of the overall presentation.
  • Coach mode with broadcast camera - This is yet another one of those things that most likely took a TON of work. You have to add a camera angle and then set its paramenters and constantly watch, retool, test, fix, etc. to get it right.
  • Lighting improvements. This is very significant. It may not add a ton of value to all gamers but it is another step in the right direction of creating an authentic experience. This is also something that likely took a LOT of work. You have to adjust this for every time of day and angle and possibly every stadium. Set, test, adjust, re-test, adjust some more. These things take a lot of man hours to implement.
  • Gameplay improvements - Improving zone and collision based tackling. Plus I'm sure there was an effort to fix play action and running out of the spread. These may have been the easiest to "fix" if they have built in sliders they can adjust but they still have to test, adjust, re-test, etc. Plus you have to fix any bugs that arise and possibly add new animations and game logic. Isn't done by just clicking a button.
I can appreciate people being upset and voicing their concerns. I was one of the biggest complainers a few years ago. However, after dabbling in programming, I now understand the programmers don't just type "coaching carousel" into the game and voila, there it is. Its a lot of work.

Plus, the game has a budget and that includes how many programmers and how many hours they can work. That all includes research and development, implementation and testing.

They sent out that survey last year asking for the things people wanted most and are implementing those. They are making steady and significant progress. Yes, things like teambuilder may be taking a back seat right now but you can't do everything at once. Personally, I'd rather have all that they added to NCAA 12 and the same teambuilder than a revamped teambuilder and no coaching carousel or new road to glory.

It definitely needs to be updated and hopefully they will address it next year along with adding some more to the presentation and more customization with bowls. People will likely start wanting more out of the online dynasty pages too.

It all takes time and things get prioritized. That's how businesses work. Sound off if there is a major bug or there are significant flaws in one of the new modes or in the gameplay. But please, don't sit there and say what they've added is minor and they aren't doing anything. This is one of the best dev groups they've had and it seems like they are honestly trying to makes this the sickest game ever. Its just not going to happen overnight.

P.S. The reason all of the things from last gen aren't included is that the new systems and processors and HD, etc all create new issues when programming. Things that were easy on last gen are much more difficult on next gen (they way they are coded and interact with other things). On the flip side, we are getting a TON of new things that were never possible on last gen. I'm sure they are coming, they just need to figure out how to implement them while also keeping the game innovative with new features to keep the fan base happy and drive new customers.
'Cept we are talking about teambuilder. This was posted in the teambuilder thread and simply stated that there have been no changes to teambuilder in 3 years.

It's nice to have all the improvements to other aspects of the game, but this thread was simply about the way teambuilder has been ignored...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »