Home

Teambuilder replaces need for Pro Combat purchase?

This is a discussion on Teambuilder replaces need for Pro Combat purchase? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Teambuilder replaces need for Pro Combat purchase?

Maybe I am being cheap but what is the reason to buy the Pro Combat unis or pre-order at Gamestop when you can create them with the accurate rosters in Teambuilder? I am missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Teambuilder replaces need for Pro Combat purchase?

Unlocking them via the demo and GameStop pre-order adds them to the jersey options for the existing teams. You can use them as you play through a dynasty mode, or whatever.

Creating them in TeamBuilder means you'll have two different teams, one of them with the teambuilder options (pro combats), and one of them with the standard options.

Another difference, the announcers can refer to Texas, for example, as "The Longhorns," "Texas," "The University of Texas," "The Texas Longhorns," etc plus probably some others, while a teambuilder created team will always be referred to as "The Longhorns," "The Away Team," or "The Home Team."
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 21

For some teams it won't make a huge difference. Specifically, Ohio State. For all of the other teams you'd be missing uniform options of some sort, especially with teams like TCU and Virginia Tech.

And it's not like you need to pay extra cash to pre-order something, so it's not really cheaper or anything.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

As a die hard Teambuilder fan, I'll be honest and say you're better off jumping through whatever hoops EA requires you to get the actual PC unis.

If you try and recreate them in Teambuilder; your roster will be inaccurate since you can't change hometowns and redshirts are random, you're limited to only two sets of home and away uniforms, you'll be stuck with all black/all white shoes and as of right now it doesn't appear you can edit TB coaches (at least not on the site).

Save yourself the frustration and just do the preorder.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

All good points. My reasoning is confirmed that it is the "little things" that would be missing. Still going to preorder and share the demo, guess I was just thinking out loud. thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »