Home

Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ivy League (WIP)

*** No Longer WIP, Final ****

After reading Pogo's Promotion/Regulation thread in the main forum, he mentioned if you read through it, Big East = Ivy League blah blah whole reason for it.

So I have been working on creating these teams, because I am using a similar custom conference setup. He is what I have created.

Uniforms should match most recent, according to school's website (though as we know teambuilder has its limits too) made a few alts to my choosing, though pretty tame

Brown - using UCONN's roster, closest school to Brown
Cornell - using Buffalo roster, same state as Cornell
Columbia - using Syracuse roster, same state as Columbia
Dartmouth - using UCONN roster
Harvard - using Boston College roster, same city and state
Penn - using Temple roster, same city and state
Princeton - using Rutgers roster, same state
Yale - using UCONN roster, same state.

Yes, UCONN was used multiple times, this is a regional thing per Pogo's suggestion below, these rosters are not strong anyways and with the Custom Conferences I am using none of these will ever get a BCS chance (still deciding if and how a promotion would work into other conferences, doubt I will do it, as I will probably keep the Ivy League (aka Big East conference in game) a separate one, tracked all together).

Head coaches are named properly, as well as the fields. I tried to pick the best stadiums to match what they look like in real life, though once again limited by choices. Fields should somewhat resemble how they are painted (hopefully).

EDIT: Have to checkbox custom logos to see the logos for most the teams I created

Last edited by danknerd; 07-22-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Ivy League (WIP)

This is so awesome. Gonna save me some time.

So... here's my suggestion on what to do with the rosters (what I was going to do with the rosters when I eventually got around to doing this).

First of all, I prefer my TeamBuilder teams to have realistic pipeline states.
And second, I prefer my real team Teambuilder teams to have realistic caliber players on their team.

So, let's take Harvard for example. They're located in Boston, Mass. I'd use Boston College or UConn as a base roster. Pipelines are based on players' hometown/state, so selecting one of these two schools should give you a pretty good set of pipeline stats for Harvard. Now for the long, annoying part... go find one of the worst teams in the game who has the type of offense you want your teambuilder Harvard to use. Edit all the players in teambuilder to mirror this team. So for example, if you want Harvard running a pro-style offense, select Tulane playbook, Boston College roster, and edit all the players to mirror the Tulane Roster.

It's a long process, but I think the reward is worth it.

Here's a list of the Ivy League Schools and their location.

Brown University - Providence, Rhode Island
Columbia University - New York City, New York
Cornell University - Ithaca, New York (out toward Buffalo)
Dartmouth College - Hanover, New Hampshire
Harvard University - Cambridge, Massachusetts
Princeton University - Princeton, New Jersey
University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yale University - New Haven, Connecticut

I guess you could always just use Buffalo, Temple, Syracuse, UConn, and Rutgers for a pretty good mix and no team is overwhelmingly good. I dunno... I'd just make sure to at least get pipeline states correct.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Rookie

@Pogo

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get the rosters down... you are right it is going to take sometime, but I think the benefits of doing in right and completely will be well worth it in the end.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Don't you have to swap a team out to import a teambuilder school?

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 07-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexis
Don't you have to swap a team out to import a teambuilder school?
Yes, if you want to see the conference setup I made go here Link

teams replaced equals (not the best teams)

Akron
Ball State
FIU
Florida Atlantic
Midd Tenn State
Northern Illinois
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Right, so I haven't checked these teams out, though I will be soon.

Essentially, for those who find the linked Promotion/Relegation thread TL;DR, I came up with a plan creating five 12-team BCS conferences each with a 10-team "feeder" conference that is linked via a promotion/relegation system.

Each of the five BCS conferences has a BCS At-Large bid (so no conference is tied to any specific bowl game). Moreover, the "Big East" is a non-BCS conference with no automatic qualifier. It also is not linked to any other conference via promotion/relegation.

We're simply turning it into the Ivy League, as an independent league, which, alongside the Independent teams Army & Navy (since the game won't let you have 0 independents), operates independently of the 110 team promotion/relegation BCS system.

A few things should be noted...

1. A team from a feeder conference COULD technically make a BCS bowl game via a non-automatic at large bid. I think this will be unlikely (a team will never have back-to-back seasons good enough to warrant the at large bid while in one of these feeder conferences due to the promotion system).

2. Army/Navy could certainly receive non-automatic at large bids to BCS bowls.

3. The newly created Ivy League, despite not being an automatic qualifying conference, could send a team to the BCS bowls. It won't happen much initially, as all the teams will be bad, and I expect poor OOC results from their five non-conference games annually. However, if you play your dynasty long enough, it would not surprise me to see one of these programs build into a powerhouse perhaps. Then again, who knows. You're adding 8 teams to a region that already has a very poor recruiting base (rarely see a 5-star player from ANY of the Northeastern states).

EDIT: Did you scale down the quality of the Boston College roster for Harvard? Also, I assume you made all the programs 1-star prestige, and gave them pretty low ratings for all the recruiting things (except A+ on acedemic prestige on all of them, I assume)?

Last edited by Pogo27; 07-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »