Home

Differences of Teambuilder from 2011 to 2012

This is a discussion on Differences of Teambuilder from 2011 to 2012 within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Differences of Teambuilder from 2011 to 2012

Hey guys, I'm a big advocate of teambuilder and I love playing with my FCS alma mater (San Diego) at the big boy scale. However there were a lot of issues with last years teambuilder and I was wondering if some things have been fixed with regards to dynasty and overall implementation.

1. Last year in Dynasty you couldn't use the recruiting pitch for beating a rival using a teambuilder team because when you played rivals and beat them, it wouldn't give you credit for the win and you would lose influence with your recruit. As someone that likes to start with no easy recruiting pitches, this is a must for me that hopefully has been fixed. Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about as I'm sure I didn't word that as best I could.

1a. Can you set specific rivals for your teambuilder team assuming question 1's problems are fixed?

2. Custom sounds. Last year you could use custom sounds, but you had to do a work around where you set the settings for custom sounds to all teams with one profile and then selected another profile when you were playing away games so you would not hear the same custom sounds for all teams. Does anyone know if you can select custom sounds for just a single teambuilder team only this year?

3. Teambuilder teams on the high school level in RTG. Can you only play the teambuilder teams during your regular season and then it is all generic teams in the playoffs or do the teambuilder teams advance to the playoffs as well?

Thanks a lot guys in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Differences of Teambuilder from 2011 to 2012

1. I know what you're talking about. It's actually a promise and I've only be through one off-season I haven't unlocked that promise yet so I can't answer the question. Rivals are the same as last year you inherit the top rival of the team you replace.

2. You can assign custom sounds to specific teambuilder schools. This is very cool especially if you're in a 12 team tb conference.

3. I only went through one RTG season, but I played all generic teams in the opening round of the playoffs and then in the championship game it was one of my tb teams
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've gotta say, for your third question about the playoffs, every single game I played in the high school playoffs were against teams in my division which is unrealistic seeing as the only team from your area that is suppose to be able to go to the high school state playoffs is the conference winner.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
1. I know what you're talking about. It's actually a promise and I've only be through one off-season I haven't unlocked that promise yet so I can't answer the question. Rivals are the same as last year you inherit the top rival of the team you replace.

2. You can assign custom sounds to specific teambuilder schools. This is very cool especially if you're in a 12 team tb conference.

3. I only went through one RTG season, but I played all generic teams in the opening round of the playoffs and then in the championship game it was one of my tb teams
Thanks for the quick reply. One question I do have again for my question 1. In reading online it says that you can create custom conferences and set rivals? I was assuming if you could set rivals and stuff, you would be able to do it with the TB team. Or maybe I'm just way off base here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I've gotta say, for your third question about the playoffs, every single game I played in the high school playoffs were against teams in my division which is unrealistic seeing as the only team from your area that is suppose to be able to go to the high school state playoffs is the conference winner.
It may have been that way in your state, but in CA (since there are so many divisions) you could have a scenario where 3 teams make the playoffs from the same conference with at-large berths. Maybe even a 4th (very unlikely), so I don't see that being all too unrealistic.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papazmurf
Thanks for the quick reply. One question I do have again for my question 1. In reading online it says that you can create custom conferences and set rivals? I was assuming if you could set rivals and stuff, you would be able to do it with the TB team. Or maybe I'm just way off base here.
you can set protected matchups across divisions, but as far as I know they don't become rivalry games in any way. they may be called "protected rivalries", but they don't show up on your schedule as rivalries I don't think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey guys I'm just posting this as a follow-up to one of my questions about teambuilder teams in Dynasty. I figure more people have done a season or two in dynasty and I was wondering if the recruit promise for beating rivals actually works this year when using a teambuilder team in dynasty. When you're "cupcake" team with not many promises unlocked, that was was a nice one to be able to use.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You know what they say about assuming...

In the division my school played in, the top 4 teams in your conference/league/whatever you want to call it made the playoffs.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
For Illinois, if you are conference champions or have 6 wins in a 9 game season you are guarenteed a spot in the playoffs. Sometimes 5 win teams make it in as well. It's not too uncommon to play teams from your conference in the second or even third rounds. Happens quite a bit for the Northwest Upstate Illini Conference.

Last edited by speedy43; 08-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »