Home

Why use Cupcake roster temp for FCS teams?

This is a discussion on Why use Cupcake roster temp for FCS teams? within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why use Cupcake roster temp for FCS teams?

Preference; plain and simple. Some people prefer to build a team up while others choose to be competitive right away; it's all preference.

But for the record, there's a reason Appalachian State and JMU's respective BCS victories were such a big deal; they rarely happen. I'm all for acknowledging the accomplishments of FCS schools but not without overlooking the obvious, that being that FCS schools get smashed on a regular basis against FBS opponents.

Western Kentucky was a very consistent FCS team and now...
Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDBlueHen
Teambuilder allows you to use any team or a specific team type. Why would you use a "CUPCAKE" Type team for your FCS school. Makes no sense. I want my team to compete, not lose all the time. For My Dynasty Team ive used USC as my temp. Updated the 2012 team roster for Delaware. Offense (Bt) Defense (B) a balanced football team which the school is great football team that competes for the title every year. Why make these teams a Cupcake Roster. Eastern Washington, Delaware, Villanova,Montana, Richmond, Appalachian St., Massachusetts, Northern Iowa,James Madison, Colgate, Western Kentucky, McNeese St., Furman, Georgia Southern,Youngstown St., Great Programs. Represent your School. Dont Make Your Team A "CUPCAKE"
maybe because Delaware doesn't deserve to be rated as high as USC??
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

me personally, I totally understand the use of "cupcake" roster or rerating FCS to be worse. However, I also agree with this guy, and I want to compete...but I dont want to dominate so I disagree(highly) with the use of USC.

I try to find middle of the road teams to use for the template, and then re-rate when needed. I try to keep them around or below B+. The bigger power houses of the FCS on the higher end of that of course, and so on...but non of them dominating...just competing.

Thats how I roll....

*and if you try to look, you wont find any FCS teams on my TB. I have them all set to private until Im finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal_Foley
me personally, I totally understand the use of "cupcake" roster or rerating FCS to be worse. However, I also agree with this guy, and I want to compete...but I dont want to dominate so I disagree(highly) with the use of USC.

I try to find middle of the road teams to use for the template, and then re-rate when needed. I try to keep them around or below B+. The bigger power houses of the FCS on the higher end of that of course, and so on...but non of them dominating...just competing.

Thats how I roll....

*and if you try to look, you wont find any FCS teams on my TB. I have them all set to private until Im finished.

i understand wanting to compete....but a B+? even for the likes of Delaware and App St?....

youre saying the top teams in FCS have the same talent as this list of teams!?...

Auburn
Mich St
Nebraska
Miss St
Florida
Notre Dame
Texas
Missouri
NC State
Arizona St
West Virginia
Georgia
UCF
Utah
Clemson
North Western
Iowa
Maryland
Tennessee
Oregon
Pittsburgh
UConn
Washington
Kansas St
UNC
Arizona
Ole Miss
USF
Boston College
Cincinnati
SMU

those are all the B+ ranked teams i believe...no way do even the best FCS teams belong with most of those guys...

im sorry...but "competing" and ranking your team the same overall as the defending BCS National Champs is not the same thing...

Last edited by Metfanant; 07-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Oregon is a B+ in the game?

Wow.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant
i understand wanting to compete....but a B+? even for the likes of Delaware and App St?....

youre saying the top teams in FCS have the same talent as this list of teams!?...

Auburn
Mich St
Nebraska
Miss St
Florida
Notre Dame
Texas
Missouri
NC State
Arizona St
West Virginia
Georgia
UCF
Utah
Clemson
North Western
Iowa
Maryland
Tennessee
Oregon
Pittsburgh
UConn
Washington
Kansas St
UNC
Arizona
Ole Miss
USF
Boston College
Cincinnati
SMU

those are all the B+ ranked teams i believe...no way do even the best FCS teams belong with most of those guys...

im sorry...but "competing" and ranking your team the same overall as the defending BCS National Champs is not the same thing...
The dude knows it's not realistic... It's just fun for him.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Considering most people I know and when I get around to it, myself, re-rate the roster, you only pick a team roster that has a base for the correct positions you need. Some teams have more of a certain position and it makes it easier to make a team. Why would you create Delaware and then give them USC's roster with no editing? That makes less since than your point. At least it isn't USC vs. "Delaware formerly known as USC" if they were to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Considering most people I know and when I get around to it, myself, re-rate the roster, you only pick a team roster that has a base for the correct positions you need. Some teams have more of a certain position and it makes it easier to make a team. Why would you create Delaware and then give them USC's roster with no editing? That makes less since than your point. At least it isn't USC vs. "Delaware formerly known as USC" if they were to play.
I have two UNI teams. The one I was told was "too good" for the FCS project. The team is straight C- on offense, defense and overall.

I also have one that is B across the board. It's more fun to play through a dynasty with them.

Who is it more fun to play a dynasty with, teams like Western Kentucky and Eastern Michigan ....or.... teams like Tulsa, Baylor, Iowa State, etc....

I'm all for building programs up, that is what I use my C- UNI team for.

However, I also want one were I can jump in and compete at a decent level with the good teams right away. There is nothing wrong with hat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »