Home

Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Teambuilder Pipeline States

Hello,

My question is about the logic behind how the new NCAA 2012 gives pipeline states. I have tried to create several teams and always end up with random states for pipelines in dynasty mode. My team is based out of Texas but all my players will be from California, Arizona, and the west coast. I have tried changing the school location in Teambuilder to several places in Texas, and even selected a new roster template based on a Texas school. None of that seems to work. Does anyone know how this logic works and how to make sure you get at least ONE pipeline state where your university is. The game knows my school is based in Texas, so why are all my kids from California?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Teambuilder Pipeline States

I'm pretty sure that you inherit the pipelines and rivalries of the team you replace.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

I know this can't be the case. I've replaced Baylor, Texas Tech, and Texas, all of which should have Texas as a pipeline, and my pipelines end up being some combination of California and another random western state like Arizona or Nevada. I've changed the template, the hometown of my school, everything....no luck. Just want to know how the system works.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
Rookie

DurtyLilPigBoi's Arena

It's determined by where your players are from. If you have like 4 players from Missouri, then it becomes a pipeline state next year. Same for other states. The generated players probably just have random home states, thus your random pipeline states.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtyLilPigBoi
It's determined by where your players are from. If you have like 4 players from Missouri, then it becomes a pipeline state next year. Same for other states. The generated players probably just have random home states, thus your random pipeline states.
First half of this is absolutely correct. Second half is absolutely incorrect.

The hometowns of the players are based on what roster you use as a base. If you want Texas as a pipeline, pick a Texas school. There are plenty to pick from to give you whatever caliber players you want, from Rice all the way up to Texas....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
Rookie

DurtyLilPigBoi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

The hometowns of the players are based on what roster you use as a base. If you want Texas as a pipeline, pick a Texas school. There are plenty to pick from to give you whatever caliber players you want, from Rice all the way up to Texas....
Yeah I knew the Texas school templates would result in a Texas pipeline. I just took from the op that he used some random template like the Average Joe one, but got frustrated and tried the Texas schools. I guess I'm assuming too much lol
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

This.

10char

Watch me play video games
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Ah, so it's determined by HOMETOWN and hometown comes from the roster I pick. Thanks so much. You guys have been really helpful.

If I may ask a totally unrelated question, are dreadlocks random or do they appear on certain faces? I have had them on Dark 1 and Medium 4 faces but not all the time. Is there a degree of randomness to them or is there a way to pick which players have the dreadlocks? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »