Home

TeamBuilder Uniform Designs: How EA Can Make Them Better

This is a discussion on TeamBuilder Uniform Designs: How EA Can Make Them Better within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6
TeamBuilder Uniform Designs: How EA Can Make Them Better

I got around to visiting FIFA 11's Creation Centre, and I was blown away. This is how EA should handle TeamBuilder...the kit creation was amazing. You picked designs based on the equipment sponsor (adidas, Nike, Puma, etc.), and their logos are put onto the uniforms automatically.

Think about it...instead of having to waste a logo slot with a uniform sponsor logo (that can only be in one color, unless you know the trick), it can just be an option tied into whatever uniform base you use.

Head over to FIFA's Creation Centre (the new one for 12 comes out in a week), and you'll see what I'm talking about...part of the reason why THIS series is one of the highest rated ones in the world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: TeamBuilder Uniform Designs: How EA Can Make Them Better

It's cool and all that the manufacturer logos are on the uniforms, but FIFA's Creation Centre is nowhere near as good as NCAA's TeamBuilder.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
I got around to visiting FIFA 11's Creation Centre, and I was blown away. This is how EA should handle TeamBuilder...the kit creation was amazing. You picked designs based on the equipment sponsor (adidas, Nike, Puma, etc.), and their logos are put onto the uniforms automatically.

Think about it...instead of having to waste a logo slot with a uniform sponsor logo (that can only be in one color, unless you know the trick), it can just be an option tied into whatever uniform base you use.

Head over to FIFA's Creation Centre (the new one for 12 comes out in a week), and you'll see what I'm talking about...part of the reason why THIS series is one of the highest rated ones in the world.
GREAT job noticing this! I agree 100%

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

They should also move the teambuilder off of the internet and onto the actual game. Then have sponsor contracts with your team, so that at the end of the year you can resign with nike or go with under armour, and then which ever you choose you can update your uniform.. I think that would be pretty cool. Also, more alternate helmets and different design schemes like Oregons Carbon design, or Matte Design w/ non matte logo (or vice versa) ex. Missouris pro combat helmet.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
DJT
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sponsors for teams would be a great idea.

Maybe also add an option for a 3rd logo cause lots of teams use more than 2.

My biggest thing is the stripes on the jerseys not matching up with any stripes on the pants....I hate that and they should adjust by adding the ability to move stripes forward/backward/thicker/skinnier/etc

Also the ability to combine different styles would be nice. Like the last few are all on the shoulder stripes, you should be able to combine those with the rest of the design options.

Oh they also need a home and away pair of pants...not a primary and secondary. Many teams wear different pants at home then they do on the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Funny, when Creation Centre came out I remember seeing FIFA fans saying they wished it was more like Teambuilder; but rather than turn this into a TB vs CC thread I'll just say if EA actually touched Teambuilder these past two years there's no telling where it would be right now in terms of advancement.

But instead we've been using essentially the same feature, virtually untouched, since NCAA10; so anything new and different that comes out else where is going to seem like a huge step forward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »