Home

Questions About High School Teams

This is a discussion on Questions About High School Teams within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Questions About High School Teams

I'm finally getting around to creating my town's high school and the surrounding schools. Unfortunately, I've come to the realization that I don't know what I'm doing.

Question 1
Do I need to get the ratings of my opponents right in team builder before transferring them? I know if you set your RTG up entirely on the console, you get to assign general ratings to your opponents. I think the choices are like, bad/good/very good/great or something like that. Do I still get to do that with my TB teams or do I need to take care of that when I'm creating them?

Question 2
If I do have to take care of the ratings in TB, what should I rate them? What would be the equivalent of a 'good' rating? Like, a 90? Or, since the rating system was designed for college teams, would a 'good' high school team be much lower? Like, a 60?

Question 3
Did they finally let us use our properly named rosters once we reach the NCAA? Or is that still not allowed? If it isn't in the game, can I still just copy down my guy's ratings after high school and then re-create him within the named rosters I have downloaded? Is that still the easiest way?

Question 4
This doesn't have anything to do with the RTG questions but I don't want to make another thread just for it. I've noticed that once every couple of months, my downloaded rosters stop working. They refuse to work even if I load them manually. I always have to go online and re-download them to get them working again. I'm about to do this for the fourth time I believe. They claim that they have loaded properly but all the players are just numbers when you check them. Anyone know what's going on there? Is it a common problem?

Thanks in advance for any answers that you guys can give me. Also, I'm not entirely sure this is the right subforum for this kind of thing. Sorry if I got that wrong.

One more thing. When I had finished typing all this out the first time, I accidentally made a typo. I hit undo and it undid the entire sentence, so I hit redo to get it back. That erased the entire post. All of it. What's up with that?

Last edited by MyCousinBob; 12-23-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmunityBow's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Questions About High School Teams

[sarcasm]Question 1: When you start RTG you click custom schedules. Click on each team and press Y to import the uniforms. Then you choose the rating which rates each team (off/def). You choose Away or Home also. Remember in TB don't add High School. It does that in game. GHSHS doesn't look good eh?

Question 2: Well by what I said above this doesn't matter. How dare you insult me this way! Kneel!

Question 3: From what I remember no.

Question 4: I had the same problem last year. Lets boycott EA because we are to lazy to redownload rosters every 2 months![/sarcasm]
Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Questions About High School Teams

Awesome man, thanks.

And haha, it's not so much about being lazy. It's that I'll start a dynasty, spend 45 minutes screwing with the conferences, 5 more getting the settings right and naming my coach, the about 15 more setting up my recruiting board and schedule. Then I get to red shirt phase and I notice that it was all for naught. My guys are all just numbers.

That's annoying, you know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »