Home

Post Your Version of the 'New' Penn State

This is a discussion on Post Your Version of the 'New' Penn State within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Post Your Version of the 'New' Penn State

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...401:1344893416

not the real roster though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #42
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Post Your Version of the 'New' Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniftw
I don't understand how you could drop athletic facilities, academic prestige, campus lifestyle, or really even television exposure down....outside of just wanting to kill PSU completely in the virtual world - which could easily be accomplished by taking out of the game.

Their facilities didn't get demolished and replaced with bad facilities - the are exactly the same minus the statue of Joe Pa.
The campus lifstyle (bars, clubs, entertainment, etc...) is still all the same.
Academics are untouched and still first class.
Television exposure might take a hit....maybe. Maybe less ESPN/ABC games but still on the BTN, getting talked about every day, etc...

The only thing that should drop significantly is title contender and coach prestige.

The rest could drop marginally - but in the real world won't be a huge hit. Penn State is still Penn state...just slightly tarnished with the bowl ban. The fan base could fall off after this year in real life - I see a "Stick it out and F the NCAA" type fan base this year but it will go away I think. Pro factory will go down some if they can't recruit the same, but for this year is still the same.

Pretty much all of the players are still the same.

The major impact of this won't be felt until years 3 or 4 of the sanctions and then the first couple years after it.
I think it would be fair to knock campus lifestyle down a small amount, sure the stuff may still be there but the atmosphere around campus changed more than you might think. Athletic facilities aren't just a gym and field, there's more to it. There's trainers, programs, food, all sorts of stuff you have to pay for yearly, which Penn State might not be able to. Again, not a huge difference, but I know when schools lose this much money they might not spend as much in facilities. Television exposure is obvious, they will get on TV less. Finally, I agree with not knocking down academic prestige. The only thing that could be said is less people will apply (reverse Doug Flutie effect) which could have ramifications but I think that's over thinking it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »