Home

D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

This is a discussion on D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobe86
Umm that's debatable. The difference between major Division 1 College Football (ACC, SEC, Big 12, BIG, Big EAST, Mountain West, Pac 12) is tremendous when compared to FCS and Division II. Whether skill or offensive line or skill it's not even close. Now the Sun Belt and MAC aren't all that different FCS at all, but they're superior to Division II. Valdosta State, Grand Valley, Winston Salem, North Alabama (mostly) and Cal-PA all transcend division. Those teams could compete and do pretty well at the FCS level I believe.
I entirely disagree. There have been so many transfers from those BCS conferences, including starters, down to Division II where they didn't even see the field because they didn't have the talent or didn't have the mental make-up to compete. Being in GLIAC country, I can tell you that GVSU has had a lot of Big Ten transfers in the last 10 years, maybe one of which who has actually made an impact on the team and saw significant time. Ashland is the same way, and this year you will probably see it from Ferris State, who got a couple Michigan transfers. Heck, Ashland has had starters from Ohio State and Ohio come in and not play. Even Findlay had a starter from Ohio State come in and not play.

Tony Carr, a former #1 CB for Western Michigan, transferred to GVSU and had this quote: "The skill talent here is just as good as Division I. The only difference is the size of the linemen. But skill, talent, and speed, there's no difference."

He led the MAC in interceptions at Western Michigan and then went to GVSU and was the #3 CB his second year after riding the bench most of his first year. That's just a couple of many examples.

Overall, yes, you are correct, obviously Valdosta State isn't going to jump to the SEC and win any games. However, Valdosta State's top two or three players would easily be starters on most SEC teams and that's all I was getting at with the player ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I entirely disagree. There have been so many transfers from those BCS conferences, including starters, down to Division II where they didn't even see the field because they didn't have the talent or didn't have the mental make-up to compete. Being in GLIAC country, I can tell you that GVSU has had a lot of Big Ten transfers in the last 10 years, maybe one of which who has actually made an impact on the team and saw significant time. Ashland is the same way, and this year you will probably see it from Ferris State, who got a couple Michigan transfers. Heck, Ashland has had starters from Ohio State and Ohio come in and not play. Even Findlay had a starter from Ohio State come in and not play.

Tony Carr, a former #1 CB for Western Michigan, transferred to GVSU and had this quote: "The skill talent here is just as good as Division I. The only difference is the size of the linemen. But skill, talent, and speed, there's no difference."

He led the MAC in interceptions at Western Michigan and then went to GVSU and was the #3 CB his second year after riding the bench most of his first year. That's just a couple of many examples.

Overall, yes, you are correct, obviously Valdosta State isn't going to jump to the SEC and win any games. However, Valdosta State's top two or three players would easily be starters on most SEC teams and that's all I was getting at with the player ratings.
I wouldn't go as far as saying starters. I can't remember a starter from OSU transferring out. Most of them are guys who aren't playing at all or are a reserve at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobe86
Umm that's debatable. The difference between major Division 1 College Football (ACC, SEC, Big 12, BIG, Big EAST, Mountain West, Pac 12) is tremendous when compared to FCS and Division II. Whether skill or offensive line or skill it's not even close. Now the Sun Belt and MAC aren't all that different FCS at all, but they're superior to Division II. Valdosta State, Grand Valley, Winston Salem, North Alabama (mostly) and Cal-PA all transcend division. Those teams could compete and do pretty well at the FCS level I believe.
But, the point is just because they were recruited to a FBS school doesn't mean they'll necessarily be good enough to star or even see considerable playing time at the D-II level.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #27
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Done with Grand Valley State for the time being. Might make some slight adjustments in case some other names show up to campus before the season.

XBox GamerTag: KleShreen
Timestamp for PS3 users: 7/11/13, 7:27 AM
Link: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...452:1373403649

Last edited by KleShreen; 07-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #28
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

updated oa baptist
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #29
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

I just updated my GVSU team. For some reason I didn't bother to check the K/P's "handedness" to notice that one of them was listed as left when he is really a righty. Pretty sure that was the only guy on the entire roster who was listed as a lefty, haha.

Also noticed that GVSU's top KR/PR, I didn't change his "Return" rating to reflect that, so that has been done as well.

I also changed from Wake Forest's stadium to Arkansas State's stadium. There's more WF signage in their stadium this year than ever before and it's very noticeable in every cut scene, so I went with one with a little less signage.

Edit: Also just changed a rating for one player. I created him from scratch, but I noticed that he is actually on the game listed as a CB for Purdue (he originally committed to them then broke it after signing day and is attending GVSU instead), so I transferred over all the exact same ratings to his character on my GVSU team.

Last edited by KleShreen; 07-11-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #30
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

here is Missouri Western State

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...128:1373595531
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey all, I would like to do the D3 Presidents Athletic Conference teams, but I had a question about naming players. Where are you guys finding names for incoming freshman? Just from the team site, or is there a website that keeps track of this?

I did a quick google search but was only able to find info on FBS teams. The team sites I looked on have not announced their 2013 roster yet.

Would I be better off just doing uni's and the other stuff till that is released on individual team sites?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm a former North Greenville University player and am working with the athletic department now for the most authentic version on this year's Crusaders. Everything is done so far except a little over half the roster. You can find it under my PSN tag: JNGolf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »