Home

D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

This is a discussion on D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project within the NCAA Teambuilder Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #65
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: D2/D3/NAIA/Community College NCAA Football 14 Team Directory Project

By the way, just as something to remind people to look for while they make teams.

Remember that ratings don't really mean anything if you are going through and doing them on your own. What I have found is the most important thing to do is to look at how many players are on the teambuilder roster at each position, and use that a a base for your roster.

For example, GVSU has a BEVY of running backs who see time, as well as a big rotation of tight ends. With that said, I went through each teambuilder team and found schools that had large numbers at these positions. I ended up settling on Purdue because it had five RB's (which is the second most any school has, I wanted six, but had to make a cut), nine WR's (again, second most any school has on default rosters, 10 is the most), but had four TE's (most on any team). However, the team also had two FB's and I turned one of those in to another TE. In addition, the roster had seven CB's, which is the most for any school on the default rosters, and GVSU has a plethora of those as well.

Ideally, I would have liked to find a squad with 3 QB's, 6 HB's, 0 FB's, 10 WR's, 5 TE's and 7 CB's. Instead, I had to go with 4 QB's, 5 HB's, 2 FB's, 9 WR's, 4 TE's and 7 CB's. So I just found a TE to move to FB, found an extra QB, and subtracted a HB/WR from what I wanted to make. Purdue also had an advantage for me because they were one of the few schools with two kickers, and GVSU has an established K and P already and just recruited a stud for this fall that I wanted to include.

There are a lot of options, and really those are the only positions which differ with any regularity. QB is always between 3-5, HB's between 4-6, FB's between 0-3, WR's between 6-10 (might have been a 5 for like Navy?), TE's between 2-5, CB's between 5-7. Everything else is pretty universal, only differing by one.

Unfortunately, about the only combination they didn't have on one of the rosters was the combination I wanted. So just remember that if you are making a team that might have a huge passing attack, find one of those rosters that has 4 QB's, 4 HB's, 0-1 FB's, 9-10 WR's. Don't just go to any team that has some crappy ratings, but has 3 QB's, 6 HB's, 3 FB's and 6 WR's.

Last edited by KleShreen; 07-16-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #66
Just started!

OVR: 0

Could someone please do the University of North Alabama or UNA Lions?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #67
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by admac826
Could someone please do the University of North Alabama or UNA Lions?
I plan on doing UNA when they update their rosters. They're always really bad about that. Do you know if they have a new home jersey to match last years away jersey?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Haha, glad to see that one of the 15 other people on the D2 board are also over here.
Haha this is probably my most anticipated game every year, I love college football!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6

Chadron State College Eagles are done. Let me know what you think.
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...705:1373576172
Old 07-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #70
Just started!

I'm not sure. I haven't seen or heard anything about their jerseys.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #71
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHSpanda57
I plan on doing UNA when they update their rosters. They're always really bad about that. Do you know if they have a new home jersey to match last years away jersey?
I'm not sure, I haven't seen or heard anything on their jerseys yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #72
Rookie

WingboneOffense's Arena

Incarnate Word is done. (Transition from DII to FCS)

You can find in FCS project 14 thread dashboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »