Home

The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning in 2021

This is a discussion on The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning in 2021 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #33
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NFL 2K Coming Back in 2021!!

Was All-Pro Football considered "non-sim" ?

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 03-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #34
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m in a glass case of emotions right now. “Non-simulation” can mean a lot of things. It could mean it’s an arcade game, it could mean it’s not a sim like OOTP baseball.

Madden has in no way been releasing a sim game they even have arcade and competitive modes. Madden does have the super sim feature.

All in all I’m betting this isn’t going to be the game myself and a lot of people were hoping for but with EA’s statement they seem to be shaking in their boots, basically saying they are still the only “real” football game on the market.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #35
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

"non-simulation" makes this announcement "non-exciting"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I’ve never heard it discussed as sim or non sim. The whole thing seems purposely vague. Maybe 2K found a lloophole in the exclusive deal or they just really want to make an NFL street style game for the online/multiplayer aspect.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
From Darren Rovell

"The NFL announces it has struck a deal with 2K to produce multiple video games in the future. Is this end for Madden? Not necessarily. It just means there will be competition. EA’s deal expires at end of 2021 season. Sources say NFL is talking to others as well."

Thats the first time I seen a concrete time when the EA deal is to expire. I knew the ESPN deal was due to expire around that time. But I do expect them to renew it. Hopefully NFL stops the exclusivity deals

Some people would buy any other game out of spite. I am one of them. EA ruined video game football for me. I’m down to try whatever 2k offers. I want to see:

New plays and playbooks
A game that has a learning curve
New kicking system
Different controller layout/button mapping
Variety in the way teams play - Offensive or Defensive focused teams
An actual pocket
Dynamic crowds, stadiums, and weather

I got tired of settling with madden. Can we please get a somewhat believable fun game of football? I remember there being so many options, I never thought football video gaming would be this suspect in 2020. Great news
Old 03-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #38
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I’ve never heard it discussed as sim or non sim. The whole thing seems purposely vague. Maybe 2K found a lloophole in the exclusive deal or they just really want to make an NFL street style game for the online/multiplayer aspect.
Yeah. Or maybe it will be customizeable and that makes the "non-sim" label a thing?

Either way I've been waiting 13 years for more 2k Football. Sign me up. All-Pro was my jam. I would even be down for that with a Franchise mode and maybe even throw in a pool of current players as well.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 03-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
True and what this does in long term is opens door for them to show how a good football game can play on next gen. Then if people love how it plays... that can open the door for NFL to relook at their liscense with EA. Either way EA can act like its no big deal , but they gonna have to turn off that coast button and start trying harder imo. They are still working with horrible code upon code that they keep adding onto and making things worse. 2K will likely be using better code without those problems. They just need to focus it on having an actual physics engine and based on physics not forced animations.

Give them a few years of selling well and NFL will be rethinking. EAs butt is being put to the fire imo. Competition always helps to generate a better product.
I agree. At the very least, this has to push EA to really step their game up. Like you said, EA still has legacy issues from start of 7th generation. Where 2K would be building from scratch. I don't see NFL extending the exclusive NFL with EA long term, just to see how 2k does. With the first slates of 2k games to release in 2021 and Madden exclusive deal ending end of 2021 season, I just wonder how the NFL will approach it. I'd imagine that NFL deal gets extended in some way for Madden since they are in deep development after NFL season ends. But I could see it being non-exclusive to start off. Lets say the 2k game comes out July(not smart to compete directly with Madden), I dont see 6-7 months enough time to decide for a new 2k game
Old 03-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #40
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I was wondering when someone would mention All-Pro Football. I think "simulation" refers to the players, as well, so the loophole could be in utilizing legends who aren't on the field every Sunday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »