Home

The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning in 2021

This is a discussion on The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning in 2021 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2020, 11:42 AM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning i

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I hope that it is just extending the license and not the exclusive license. I feel a feeling that we will know next week the future of 2k football. I believe they will report whether it is the exclusive license or not. if they do announce that it is the exclusive license being extended until Madden 27, then you can kiss the dream of a sim NFL 2k game goodbye. But if it just mentions NFL license being extended and not exclusive, there is chance NFL allows 2k to bid for open sim license to start after EA’s exclusive deal expires

Either way EA NFL license is getting extended. Madden has the brand recognition and sole licensed NFL game, so it will always sell well. The key thing next week is whether they announce that the exclusive deal will continue or not. Not sure if next week’s voting is just on NFL license or overall exclusive deal with NFL license. But have the feeling that we will have idea of future of 2k football after next week

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/stat...474675713?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #402
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The NFL and 2K Are Back Together, 'Non-Simulation' Games Will Release Beginning i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
So I hope the Jerry Jones' of the world will not just look at the current dynamics but realize opening up the game to more companies (hmmm 2K) can and will net them more money!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This isn't true. First-party exclusivity got the NFL and NFLPA much more money than third-party licensing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
So we'll know by next week how 2k Football will shaped for future. If it is approved, then we can't hope for a sim NFL 2k game. Only way it doesn't get approved is if NFL feels an open license is more beneficial than an exclusive one.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #404
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This isn't true. First-party exclusivity got the NFL and NFLPA much more money than third-party licensing.
When you have a game that's selling 10 million copies in another sport, I think that presents an opportunity to expand the NFL brand. 2K's not getting a license for free, they have to pay all the necessary parties and its an opportunity for more money for all involved.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #405
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
When you have a game that's selling 10 million copies in another sport, I think that presents an opportunity to expand the NFL brand. 2K's not getting a license for free, they have to pay all the necessary parties and its an opportunity for more money for all involved.

Yes but EA is paying a major premium for exclusitvity. If the NFL decides to end exclusivity, EA would no longer pay nearly as much for their license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #406
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Its a wrap for an NFL 2k game. The owners aren't negotiating the deal. Its already been negotiated meaning the league wants it to continue as well. The vote is just for ratification by the owners.

They've no reason NOT to approve it as the money has been good for them and they couldnt care less about Madden's quality (which is good enough to sell units) nor the potential of 2k making a sim game.

Lol! Might have to re-name this forum "2k Football"
Old 05-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #407
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

It's the creation of an opportunity by sacrificing the existing relationship to some extent and devaluing an existing deal - and you may not come out all that much ahead if at all.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #408
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Double Post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »