Home

2k Stadium Talk

This is a discussion on 2k Stadium Talk within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
2k Stadium Talk

One thing I'm very excited to see given they actually make authentic fields.. are 2k's renditions of NFL stadiums with all the tech and hardware power now.

I think they do a great job with stadiums and fan atmosphere in all their games. So potentially being able to see 32 nfl stadiums with a fresh unique look with pleasing given they are able to do such a thing!

The fact that it isnt Xbox or 360 to just has my mind racing!

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2k Stadium Talk

I expect game to be very arcade so i don't expect they give the stadium too much love to be honest.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:45 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It's hard to say and impossible to know at this point. Given that they're forced to go in a "non-simulation" direction, I wouldn't expect to see the same level of detail and nuance like the national anthem, multiple broadcast packages, etc. that you'd get with an NFL version of NBA 2K. That being said, it's another one of those things to keep an eye on and that will be interesting to see how they handle it because it could definitely be something that gives you a peak into how they view things long term and whether or not the plan here is to have it be something that could eventually compete alongside Madden down the line.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:01 AM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's hard to say and impossible to know at this point. Given that they're forced to go in a "non-simulation" direction, I wouldn't expect to see the same level of detail and nuance like the national anthem, multiple broadcast packages, etc. that you'd get with an NFL version of NBA 2K. That being said, it's another one of those things to keep an eye on and that will be interesting to see how they handle it because it could definitely be something that gives you a peak into how they view things long term and whether or not the plan here is to have it be something that could eventually compete alongside Madden down the line.
Is there any info about how they are "forced" to make a non-simulation game? Or is it the result of not having the NFLPA? Something else? I'd be interested to see the details on that.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Is there any info about how they are "forced" to make a non-simulation game? Or is it the result of not having the NFLPA? Something else? I'd be interested to see the details on that.

After 2K’s announcement, EA released a statement saying that they were still the exclusive publisher of simulation NFL games and that their agreement has always allowed for development of non-simulation games. However, what exactly constitutes sim vs. non-sim in this case is a complete mystery but I’d be willing to wager that it allowing 2K to develop anything similar to 2K5 or 2K8 would be highly unlikely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
After 2K’s announcement, EA released a statement saying that they were still the exclusive publisher of simulation NFL games and that their agreement has always allowed for development of non-simulation games.
The definition of irony.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

Quote:
After 2K’s announcement, EA released a statement saying that they were still the exclusive publisher of simulation NFL games and that their agreement has always allowed for development of non-simulation games. However, what exactly constitutes sim vs. non-sim in this case is a complete mystery but I’d be willing to wager that it allowing 2K to develop anything similar to 2K5 or 2K8 would be highly unlikely.
I would agree with you regarding 2k developing something similar to 2k5, which was an NFL simulation ( it had current rosters, schedule, off-season, franchise, etc. ), but 2k8 was in no way, shape, or form, a simulation game. 2k8 didn't have current NFL rosters, NFL uniforms, NFL schedules, or players. What 2k8 simulated was the game of football, not the NFL, so it comes down to what the definition of simulation is.

Take a look at Madden Ultimate Team; it not a simulation mode. It's a fleshed out version of the 2k8 model. You build your own team with current and past players ( 2k8 just had past players ), and you play other people online. A game--2k NFL Ultimate Team--centered around online, head to head play, and esports, is a "fun, approachable, and social experience."
Old 04-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Smile Re: 2k Stadium Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
One thing I'm very excited to see given they actually make authentic fields.. are 2k's renditions of NFL stadiums with all the tech and hardware power now.

I think they do a great job with stadiums and reviews at detecthistory, fan atmosphere in all their games. So potentially being able to see 32 nfl stadiums with a fresh unique look with pleasing given they are able to do such a thing!

The fact that it isnt Xbox or 360 to just has my mind racing!

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's actually super arcade. Was totally dissapointed. Better to play elder versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »