Home

NCAA Football 2k

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2k within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp86
This could be a real viable option for 2k is to make an NCAA football game similar to what they would have done with an NFL game.
Their college game was terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 13

I still have this game for the Dreamcast (and I still have my Dreamcast!).

I fully acknowledge all of the criticisms of this game that others have mentioned in this thread, but I will say that I spent an indefensible amount of time playing this game after it came out and over the years. I love this game. I should note that while I dabbled with the recruiting and 'dynasty' mechanics, I mostly played 1-2 seasons and then started over with a different team, so I'm not a huge 'franchise' guy.

However, on the field, I really enjoyed the game. At the time, the option mechanics worked much better than EA's game, and the triple option was actually viable once you got the hang of it. Both the running and passing games were more fluid and responsive than the EA games (IMO of course), and it resulted in more realistic-seeming games to me. But take all of this with the caveat that I have always preferred 2K football games to EA's games.

Anyway, none of this matters because there will never be college football or basketball games again.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:19 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

I don't really follow college football, and I've never played a college football game, but I'm interested in checking NCAA 2K3 out, since it's made by the same team that made the NFL 2K games. I've seen some footage of it on Youtube, and it looks alright (definitely not as good as NFL 2K5, but I can forgive it), but I would like to go by other people's experiences.

I know some people are probably gonna say to try the EA NCAA games, but honestly after looking at footage, in my opinion, compared to NFL 2K5 all the EA football games on PS2 just don't play as well or are as fun, so I'd really rather give 2K the shot here.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 13

It's worth it for a few bucks or pocket change. I always liked 2K on the field.

I think people remember EA's NCAA games more fondly because they put so much more effort into the accoutrements surrounding the college game, which is admittedly a big part of the draw of college sports. But on-the-field only, I have always preferred 2K.

I liked their college games. I mean, this is a 15 year old game, but I still find running the option here fun, and the passing game is a lot more rewarding in my experience. Anyway, it's something different than the EA brand of football, if that's what you're looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »