Home

NCAA Football 2k

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2k within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA Football 2k

There is this new game store in my area that specializes in retro gaming. I went in on Sunday and they had this game for $2.99 so I scooped it up. Anybody remember it? I don't remember playing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ncaafootball2k3.jpg (21.1 KB, 758 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 2k

I recently purchased it a few weeks ago. I just haven't had time to dig into it yet. How do you like it?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 06-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
There is this new game store in my area that specializes in retro gaming. I went in on Sunday and they had this game for $2.99 so I scooped it up. Anybody remember it? I don't remember playing it.
Yeah you can edit pretty much anything on it.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I recently purchased it a few weeks ago. I just haven't had time to dig into it yet. How do you like it?
Same here. I bought it Sunday and haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll try to get some time on it tonight and report back.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I had the 2K2 version on the Dreamcast...and enjoyed it.

I didn't play 2K3, but I do recall it getting hammered in reviews compared to EA's game that year (2003 was Possibly the best year over year improvement EA ever had with the series).

I seem to recall that 2K3 focused on the option play....and people said that part of the game was decent, but not much else (from what I remember???).

I will be curious as to your review in 2020.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I had the 2K2 version on the Dreamcast...and enjoyed it.

I didn't play 2K3, but I do recall it getting hammered in reviews compared to EA's game that year (2003 was Possibly the best year over year improvement EA ever had with the series).

I seem to recall that 2K3 focused on the option play....and people said that part of the game was decent, but not much else (from what I remember???).

I will be curious as to your review in 2020.

Just cracked it open and am watching a CPU vs. CPU game Utah-San Diego State. The things that stand out so far:

1) The game actually looked better than I thought it would...although with it being made in 2002 the graphics are obviously outdated.

2) You can tell they mo-captured Eric Crouch for the option game. The proper steps that the QB takes depending on whether it's a speed or counter option look good. Problem is out of the box, the option game is non-existant. The defense be all over it.

3) I've seen some pretty cool animations...you can def tell it's a 2k football game. I've already seen 3 PI's.

4) You can edit players, create a school, edit recruits(I think)

5) The game has the ESPN presentation almost identical to 2k5 but minus the halftime show etc. It also has fictional play by play announcers like 2k5 did.

The game definitely needed polish and would have been interesting to see what it would have been if 2k would have continued with the series.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #7
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Just cracked it open and am watching a CPU vs. CPU game Utah-San Diego State. The things that stand out so far:

1) The game actually looked better than I thought it would...although with it being made in 2002 the graphics are obviously outdated.

2) You can tell they mo-captured Eric Crouch for the option game. The proper steps that the QB takes depending on whether it's a speed or counter option look good. Problem is out of the box, the option game is non-existant. The defense be all over it.

3) I've seen some pretty cool animations...you can def tell it's a 2k football game. I've already seen 3 PI's.

4) You can edit players, create a school, edit recruits(I think)

5) The game has the ESPN presentation almost identical to 2k5 but minus the halftime show etc. It also has fictional play by play announcers like 2k5 did.

The game definitely needed polish and would have been interesting to see what it would have been if 2k would have continued with the series.
That’s the frustrating thing I believe we all express. WHAT WOULD this game be had it stayed with the franchise and into today?
Old 06-11-2020, 08:24 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

it's a decent title.
But from what I remember there are some bugs. I remember a few games that I played, the field goal kicker for the opposing team kept missing extra points.

if they continued developing the game it would have been a good title. However, folks dont mention 2k college football because EA did an exceptional job with their collegiate football title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »