Home

NFL 2k at e3?

This is a discussion on NFL 2k at e3? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2021, 08:09 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
NFL 2k at e3?

I can't remember the last time Take two was at E3
This year they gonna be at e3
Perhaps showcase their new football game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NFL 2k at e3?

Hopefully we will know more in a few weeks during the draft. I'd find it strange for them to not have something to say by then, even if it is just announcing their marketing timeline.

It would be weird to announce the partnership over a year ago and then be radio silent all the way through the draft this year when the game is supposed to be coming out within the next 4 or 5 months.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hopefully we will know more in a few weeks during the draft. I'd find it strange for them to not have something to say by then, even if it is just announcing their marketing timeline.

It would be weird to announce the partnership over a year ago and then be radio silent all the way through the draft this year when the game is supposed to be coming out within the next 4 or 5 months.

I thought the same thing too last year thinking it would be odd to announce the partnership and go radio silent until couple months before launch. But it could be a situation where nowadays deals like that are a lot more likely to be leaked before intended, so some companies just announce it shortly after just so they can control the narrative. That could be the same thing EA did, where they wanted to stay ahead of leaks even though I could see them going radio silent(outside of NIL impact) until 2023.

I think it is.more than likely that they announce something at E3. Typically Take 2 either focuses on Gamescon in August or allow Sony/Microsoft to market their games at E3. But, I would like to know the title of the game around the draft at the very least. I think the title alone can reveal alot about the game
Old 04-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Good point about the name. If it's NFL Playgrounds then we will instantly know what type of game it will be.

I'm dying to see what 2k has in store got us even though I'm expecting it to be a game that I won't be too interested in. 2k always delivers a quality product in my eyes, so they'll always have the benefit of having my attention at the very least.

― Plato
Old 04-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Frankly it wouldn’t surprise me if we heard nothing and the game wasn’t announced until next year on account of coronavirus.

Many already-announced titles have already had their release dates pushed out until 2022 as a direct consequence of the pandemic, and this game hasn’t even been officially announced yet.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I’m keeping expectations low for basically the entire industry for one more year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 04:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Frankly it wouldn’t surprise me if we heard nothing and the game wasn’t announced until next year on account of coronavirus.

Many already-announced titles have already had their release dates pushed out until 2022 as a direct consequence of the pandemic, and this game hasn’t even been officially announced yet.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I’m keeping expectations low for basically the entire industry for one more year.
I could see that. Until it is release month of a title, a delay wouldn't surprise me for any game.

The Pandemic has made a huge impact on gaming. I would imagine the difficulty of doing motion capture is a major concern not to mention working from home. It's one thing for movies/shows, but I can see publishers have to change their plans for motion capturing. I can see games like NBA 2k and EA games not do the cinematic stories for their career modes. Is another Prelude and FoTF worth the risk of exposing actors and such
Old 04-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #7
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Until they officially announce a delay, then I'm working under the assumption that the Visual Concepts' football title is releasing on time.

We haven't heard anything official either way, but SGO (Sports Gamer Online) dropped a video 2 months ago stating (from multiple undisclosed sources) that everything is "going as scheduled."

Again, until something changes officially that is what I'm going with or at least until their next earnings call (when they discuss new titles/IP's) in May.

Also, the NFL isn't a fan of cancelations or delaying releases from what I recall.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 04-09-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #8

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

You are all waiting very excitedly for a little bit of news on NFL Supercard huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »