Home

2K Partners with NFLPA to Allow NFL Players in Multiple Football Games

This is a discussion on 2K Partners with NFLPA to Allow NFL Players in Multiple Football Games within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2020, 10:20 PM   #73
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2K Partners with NFLPA to Allow NFL Players in Multiple Football Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I feel like everyone is being short-sighted. They literally already did this before with APF 2K8. The only difference is that they made agreements with a bunch of legendary players versus the actual NFLPA. The NFL agreement literally allows them to use the words "NFL" on the box.

I'll be totally shocked if they don't release the game as NFL 2K22 next season
That would be interesting & they would have to frame the offline experience in a way that doesn't infringe on the EA/NFL deal. Maybe something like how Super Mega Baseball handles their season/franchise mode?

And I think they did state that the series old moniker would return in one of the previous press releases.

I think even the speculation is fun even if an APF sequel doesn't come of all this. It shows that the hunger is still alive for an alternative "simulation" experience & the independent titles are still out there.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 07-31-2020, 10:42 PM   #74
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
That would be interesting & they would have to frame the offline experience in a way that doesn't infringe on the EA/NFL deal. Maybe something like how Super Mega Baseball handles their season/franchise mode?

And I think they did state that the series old moniker would return in one of the previous press releases.

I think even the speculation is fun even if an APF sequel doesn't come of all this. It shows that the hunger is still alive for an alternative "simulation" experience & the independent titles are still out there.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
Yeah. The marketing team will definitely have to be careful, because we all know that EA will be watching their every move.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:51 PM   #75
Rookie

I personally feel like after purchasing the licenses and getting back in touch with the NFL after so many years it just wouldn't be worth it to end up with an NFL playgrounds or NFL street type of experience. That's just not going to get it done considering that 2k is getting back in business with a corporation that can potentially make them an enormous amount of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #76
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
As far as I can tell, they can't. There's nothing stopping 2K from going the Madden 64 route that I mentioned earlier, if they now have an agreement with the PA. But they can't use the NFL's branding if they do that.

So, again, why pursue the NFL license in the first place if they can't use it for the purpose of creating this hypothetical 11v11 game? Some other type of NFL-licensed game would have to be in the works, like a mobile or card game that's been suggested.

If they are going by their 2 game NBA model, I think they would need the NFL license for the playgrounds game. It’s already very niche and generic teams even with real players wouldn’t sell well. Probably didn’t cost them as much as we think it would for this purpose. Quite a few mobile games already use the NFL license.

The players license is all they need for a APF type game to work. The original didn’t have any micro transactions and we all know it would definitely be included in a new version. It wouldn’t sell like an NFL simulation but I imagine it would be pretty profitable.

I’m with several others on here that just don’t believe that NFL playgrounds and a card game would make enough money to be worth the effort to get these licenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-31-2020, 10:56 PM   #77
MVP

zello144's Arena

What if it's like a MyCareer only game where you play as one position.

NFL 2k QB, NFL 2k Signalcallers, etc. Something like Head coach but where you can only play as the QB.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:04 PM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144

NFL 2k QB, NFL 2k Signalcallers, etc. Something like Head coach but where you can only play as the QB.

Still a simulation of the game.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:17 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:

I think a mycareer experience but only go up to 7v7.
If it also included realistic player movement, signature animations and deep customization I would be very intrigued
Old 07-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #80
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

I'm pretty confident that there will be a MyCareer mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »