Home

I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

This is a discussion on I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative. within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #17
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Huh??? Im lost with your take right now. If your frustration lies with menus then so be it, i just dont get the audacity to think ANYTHING madden is doing is in the same class.

Gameplay wise they both have issues but madden couldnt even hold 2ks jock with the level of immersion, playcalling edits, lineups, broadcast, player rating diff, team specific style, etc.

Franchise.....OPTIONS times a million plus stats etc. lets be real here.

Play Now....idk

Im just lost at how anyone can think, if 2k put out an exact replica of BBall for the NFL crowd, who would be pounding the table fpr Madden. Is what it is but i see we look at quality and immersion etc, completely differently.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I think he's just referring to how big the distinct modes in 2k have gotten. "The City" and "MyNBA" are both absolutely incredible but it does seem like they can't decide what their real focus is...That being said, they seem to have a massive following in both the competitive team-based online side of things and easily have the most customizable and immersive offline franchise/commissioner mode out of any sports game. I think they do both so well at such a high level that you really can't blame them for doing both. I just wish their online player building wasn't tied into MTX's/offline so that I could just join the community. It seems like it's too big of a barrier for someone like me to ever get over as I'd be a casual player at best.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #18
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Re: I don't care if it's called Pee-Wee Football 2K22, I'm ready for an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
I think he's just referring to how big the distinct modes in 2k have gotten. "The City" and "MyNBA" are both absolutely incredible but it does seem like they can't decide what their real focus is...That being said, they seem to have a massive following in both the competitive team-based online side of things and easily have the most customizable and immersive offline franchise/commissioner mode out of any sports game. I think they do both so well at such a high level that you really can't blame them for doing both. I just wish their online player building wasn't tied into MTX's/offline so that I could just join the community. It seems like it's too big of a barrier for someone like me to ever get over as I'd be a casual player at best.
im a casual 2k player. im a football diehard but im done talking EA. I admit i get lost sometimes in what they have as well. it can be difficult to anyone not diehard 2k tho so i understand. As far as the online thing, idk. Im an offline gamer and havent had any issues with anything ive come across but can sympathize with others that have them. Comparing EA Madden to 2k tho is where the line MUST be drawn. Boycott or not, cool....compare them like theyre in the same league, thats going too far.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 11-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Seeing this made me wonder if 2k would head in a direction like this at all.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/708720/Gridiron/
Old 11-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #20
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

I'm not sure who here has played PES, but can 2k not make a game similar to that where we can just import images wherever needed to make the game seem realistic? PES seems to get away with that and they produce a pretty good alternative to FIFA, right now I'd say they are actually better.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
I'm not sure who here has played PES, but can 2k not make a game similar to that where we can just import images wherever needed to make the game seem realistic? PES seems to get away with that and they produce a pretty good alternative to FIFA, right now I'd say they are actually better.
They would never have been able to get away with creating a game that allowed roster and image sharing for users to recreate the NFL. That would have been shot down in a second by EA. (Not sure how PES get's away with allowing it for the PL to be honest).

But before they signed the deal with the NFL to use their likeness they could have created a simulation game using a real league (XFL) or a fictitious league (Like DFF).

But they put the nail in the coffin on even that option when they signed the deal and the rights to simulation football over to EA. (definition of simulation is unclear but they wouldn't be able to make anything similar to PES).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #22
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

One question....WHEN ?
Old 11-20-2020, 06:08 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
One question....WHEN ?
The answer to this is the same as when you asked the same question in this thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...all-games.html
Old 11-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #24
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The answer to this is the same as when you asked the same question in this thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...all-games.html
Just that it can’t come sooon enough......
Hey, my apologies..I must of missed this link..thanks

Last edited by tuckermaine; 11-24-2020 at 10:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »