Home

Allpro football would sell this time

This is a discussion on Allpro football would sell this time within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Allpro football would sell this time

The world wasn't ready for allpro football 2k8 and yes I know not having a franchise was a big part of it.

I rather have fake teams that plays like real football then real license teams that plays like disguise Arcade football claiming that it's sim.

I feel this time around it will sell because it's fresh,new, different,and madden been abusive To us gamers with mediocrity with broken promises for years.

Making Dope gameplay with a dope franchise would be football Heaven. I go even further take the maximum football route as far as making college and pro customizable like jersey, divisions, stadium crowd chants noise builder .college rankings,pro playoffs,bowls,top 4 playoffs, rivalry creator just make everything customizable to to your hearts desire like MYNBA.

Last edited by simbayless; 11-20-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Allpro football would sell this time

I agree completely.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The problem is they just got back in good standing with the NFL. If the league doesn’t approve of the game they could lose that license for good this time. If they did an APF with just the players license, they probably would have to go out of their way to not allow recreating the NFL like last time. Have a 28 team league for instance. Fake teams, with a somewhat limited creator that doesn’t allow you to make NFL logos, etc.

Current players would make that game sell, but it seems more likely to me they will use both the league and players to make a game around my park or the yard type gameplay. The NFL would be more likely to get on board with that and it’s not breaking the “simulation” deal the NFL has with EA

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Unlicensed football games just won’t sell. Sure the people here would love it bc we just want a good representation of football, but the masses wouldn’t even give it a second look. Even when we had NFL 2k it took a 19.99 price point to get the masses to pay attention
Old 11-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Unlicensed football games just won’t sell. Sure the people here would love it bc we just want a good representation of football, but the masses wouldn’t even give it a second look. Even when we had NFL 2k it took a 19.99 price point to get the masses to pay attention
I agree. Unlicensed sports games in general don't sell well. It's hard to market fictional players and teams to a casual fan. Thats why indie titles don't have a realistic shot at success. I would like a Super Mega Baseball type of Football game. 2k had NFL legends and it still sold poorly. Even licensed niche titles don't sell well. NFL Head Coach had a very in depth franchise mode, but as a niche title, its not going to sell. That's why you see these sports titles catering heavily to causal crowd.

But, I do feel that it would have sold better now then it did in 2007. It still would get washed by Madden, but wouldn't have been a flop in sales terms. 2K Sports has a way better reputation now than in 2007. And with Social Media, it's a lot easier to market when you have a huge platform. Then you factor in the Anti-Madden, Alternative, Football fan crowds, it would have sold better now.

The main problem was the lack of depth and unclear direction. They hit the reset button after 2k5. Only thing to do was Play Now, Online, or Barebones Season mode. They should have either waited a year to build some more stuff for game or ate the loss and tried for a 2k9 and build out what they originally planned for. We don't know what the long term plan was for All Pro. But the problem was the Legend Approach. There's only so much you can do with Legends. You can't really age them, and don't want generic players to eventually phase them out.

I think the All Pro approach could work this time around especially since they have the NFLPA license. It was already an original version of Ultimate Team/MYTeam. Keep that same approach but just use real players since you have that license. You just need to find out how to fill out the rest of game with depth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #6

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, this is a pretty tired argument. APF 2k8 was "amazing" but it didn't sell enough to even try releasing another. Super Mega Baseball is considered one of the best-made sports games around, but if I asked any baseball buddies about it, they'd have no idea what I was talking about. Sports games rely on a market of non-hardcore gamers. Licenses sell games to that market.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #7
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

2k as a brand wasn't poping like they do now.Im not saying it's gonna beat madden in sales but It will sell enought to recoup that money and make a very nice alternative as a franchise IP
Old 11-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
2k as a brand wasn't poping like they do now.Im not saying it's gonna beat madden in sales but It will sell enought to recoup that money and make a very nice alternative as a franchise IP
It won't sell anywhere near enough to sell enough to make it worth their effort. They know it, which is why they've shown zero interest in resurrecting it at any point post release.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »