Home

2K can we get a name already?

This is a discussion on 2K can we get a name already? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
2K can we get a name already?

Over a year since the NFL license agreement and still no name. Come on 2K throw us a bone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K can we get a name already?

At this point I couldn't have a more "whatever" attitude towards this. I used to be absolutely fanatical about it.

One would think, given the current state of Madden, Take Two would be building up any kind of hype for their product. No matter how small the proverbial "bone" would be, I would have thought any type of marketing would be advantageous right now.

Ultimately I've resigned to accept this will never be what we hoped it would be. I think those of us who have pined for a new simulation football product will be sorely disappointed when/if a product of any type is actually brought forward.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was delayed or they not gonna showcase this game untill few weeks before release. College football news might of put a dagger into their hype because now if they announced NFL play grounds that's not gonna ring any bells and would not sale at all.whoever idea about purchasing the Arcade NFL License thinking it would get in good graces with the NFL (EA renews contact every 7 years) is a slap in the face to the 2k hardcore simulation community for waiting so long after all pro football and bad business move.

Last edited by simbayless; 03-15-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Best bet is just forget about it. Eventually they will give us some info and we can get hyped or move on.

At least we know we have an NCAA sim game in 2 years lol.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

We are just over a month from the NFL draft. I thought they would’ve wanted to release around some kind of NFL event and since they don’t want to compete with Madden directly that seemed the most logical choice.

Hearing no news at all yet, that doesn’t seem likely anymore. Maybe the NCAA announcements changed the timeline for releasing info idk. Still want this game regardless but my expectations are extremely low now even if 2k is behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm in the "it'll happen when it happens" boat. I don't have "high" expectations. If you're expecting a "APF" type of sim workaround, then you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment. But, I do understand the hope that it is more than a Playgrounds/Battlegrounds experience. I can see the game title giving up the details of what the game will be.

It's easy to think Draft could be a possibility for information. But, Madden usually always releases information around Draft. Hell Madden 20, pretty much all the info was released outside of Abilities. I do think it'll be different for Madden this year because of pandemic. Even last year, they were able to get rookie scans done before the shutdown. This year without combine, don't think they would have the ease of access to upcoming rookies. I don't think they want to compete directly. But I do expect them to start releasing info 2-3 months prior to release. I can expect them to release their game 3-4 weeks prior to Madden. Madden would wash 2k head to head. So, if Madden releases late August, I would expect a late July early August window.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:25 PM   #7
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Lol I was thinking about making this post the other day but decided it's futile..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 03-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

It's confirmed that it's not mobile garbage right?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »