Home

Upcoming 2K Football Game Delayed Until at Least 2022

This is a discussion on Upcoming 2K Football Game Delayed Until at Least 2022 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-21-2021, 10:58 AM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Upcoming 2K Football Game Delayed Until at Least 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48hour records
Yeah, but look how 2k got. A looophole to using the nfl brand .
My prediction is they got their foot in and now are attempting to make the nfl re-consider .
The whole sim exclusive .
And just allow 2 developers to make any style nfl game . They chose .
Are suggesting that, since initially partnering with the NFL and NFLPA for non-sim titles, 2k/Take-Two has been quietly petitioning the league to end its recently extended sim-exclusivity deal with EA...and won...thus the delay?
Old 05-22-2021, 01:59 AM   #18
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48hour records
Itís is way to fishy .!!!
There is nothing fishy about the delay at all. The far easier explanation for it is that coronavirus directly impeded 2K's efforts to deliver a market-ready product for the new consoles. This is widely the case across the entire video game industry, as many AAA video game titles for PS5 and XBOX Series X had already been pushed into 2022 well before this announcement.

There is absolutely no reason to entertain the possibility that 2K will deliver a simulation football game based on currently-known and publicly verifiable information.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #19
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There is nothing fishy about the delay at all. The far easier explanation for it is that coronavirus directly impeded 2K's efforts to deliver a market-ready product for the new consoles. This is widely the case across the entire video game industry, as many AAA video game titles for PS5 and XBOX Series X had already been pushed into 2022 well before this announcement.

There is absolutely no reason to entertain the possibility that 2K will deliver a simulation football game based on currently-known and publicly verifiable information.

This. This is right.

I work in product design/development and this is 1,000% what it is. Stop looking into things people lol. Itís the pandemic and itís a new IP. This isnít complicated.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Man I hope this game doesn't end up an NFL STREET type deal. I kno I'll pu k it up regardless but this whole "arcade" stipulation is concerning me.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by modinidagr8
Man I hope this game doesn't end up an NFL STREET type deal. I kno I'll pu k it up regardless but this whole "arcade" stipulation is concerning me.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Then just move on, this will 100% be an arcade football game. Iím assuming there will be power ups and the like. Itís not what I was hoping for but Iím keeping an eye on it just in case.

Def turn down your hype meter, this will not be a 2k game like NFL2k or APF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

I'd love an APF 2K8 type game with just the NFLPA rosters but lacking the NFL team names and logos. With a deep franchise mode, it could be a solid game for simulation gamers.

They would also do an arcade style game with NFLPA rosters and NFL teams and logos, to take full advantage of both licenses and for the more casual gamers.

It would be nice to get some idea of their plans at this upcoming E3.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:56 PM   #23
MVP

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe they can make Tecmo Bowl 2k22
Old 05-26-2021, 11:00 PM   #24
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Iím not sure if this is allowed under 2kís agreement w the NFL, but I would love to see a classic team only NFL game. I understand the difficulties of so many players may make this impossible, but Iím so jealous of the catalog of teams theyíve assembled for NBA 2k and I would love to see that idea for an NFL game.

I understand APF was a kernel of this idea, but with players instead of teams, so maybe thatís as close as weíll get to something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »