Home

This Madden 64 article could be a hint

This is a discussion on This Madden 64 article could be a hint within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2021, 03:15 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This Madden 64 article could be a hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
What is the definition of a "simulation". Why can't they just put out a football game and just claim it's not a sim? Has the NFL put out a list of requirements as to what defines the licensing of a game as a sim or not?

Because I could make a strong argument madden, even on "sim" mode, is anything but a sim.
The NFL, EA, 2k, and all representatives involved likely (99.99% likely) have a black and white list of things 2k can and cannot do. Things that are exclusive to a "sim" game.

Their definition of sim may not align with ours completely. It could be stated that simply having 4 downs is something 2k cannot have. It may be 11 vs 11 is the only thing restricted. We don't know, but the parties that need to know do know. We will likely have a good idea of what is and isn't allowed when we actually see something tangible with the game.

Whatever is missing and keeping the game from being authentic will be something we can safely assume isn't allowed. If the game isn't 11 vs 11 for example, it'll be safe to assume 2k cannot do that or they would be sim.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #42
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
here is my 02 cents

we need both madden and 2k

and i don't think the NFL will even think of someone else until

1 madden dies
2 owners like jerry jones robert kraft age out and younger owners that did not know madden start to own teams
3 had 2k not sold the game for 20 bucks in 2004 they very likey wouild had overtook madden by 2008 and the nfl has just in the the last 2years have foregave 2k for that mistake in 04
Kraft and Jerrah are two of the few that care enough about the League, who may actually be listening to disgusted Madden fans. We need to be rid of useless tools like Spanos, Mike Brown, and the Fords, who are just cashing checks.

Didn't 2k slash their price after the exclusive license was signed?
Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #43
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Kraft and Jerrah are two of the few that care enough about the League, who may actually be listening to disgusted Madden fans. We need to be rid of useless tools like Spanos, Mike Brown, and the Fords, who are just cashing checks.

Didn't 2k slash their price after the exclusive license was signed?
2k5 was released at $19.99 in July 2004, the Exclusive Deal was signed in December 2004.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #44
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Acclaim grabbed all the NFL licensing rights for its NFL QB Club '98 early and EA was left playing catch up. However, EA did manage to get ahold of the NFLPA (NFL Players Associaion) so real player names are present in the game.

I just reread this part 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆
What did the article mean at that time Acclaim grabbed all the NFL License???
I thought it was only two the branding&Logos
So there is more🤔

So now im asking what did madden 64 had that 2k cant have in the contract be because they had a season mode, yeam creation but the Patriots had to go by Foxboro and not New England
Old 06-23-2022, 11:09 PM   #45

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Acclaim grabbed all the NFL licensing rights for its NFL QB Club '98 early and EA was left playing catch up. However, EA did manage to get ahold of the NFLPA (NFL Players Associaion) so real player names are present in the game.

I just reread this part 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆
What did the article mean at that time Acclaim grabbed all the NFL License???
I thought it was only two the branding&Logos
So there is more🤔

So now im asking what did madden 64 had that 2k cant have in the contract be because they had a season mode, yeam creation but the Patriots had to go by Foxboro and not New England
They didn't have the restriction that 2k has with this new deal that prohibits them from creating a simulation game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2022, 02:54 PM   #46
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m almost positive this game will be a Myplayer type of game or Backgrounds. It’s the smartest choice

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Hey mod no need to be sensitive we just have a healthy fun debate no matter who is right or wrong my G
Misinformation corrodes healthy debate. And guys like you, with an agenda, keep falling for whatever BS confirms your bias.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Ok but show me where they gonna use the NFLPA License for real teams only
That's the million dollar question
They are going to copy Madden Ultimate team. That requires NFL and NFLPA licenses.

I still think it will be 11 on 11, and either Lego or Super Mega in presentation. It might babe 7 on 7, but I’m not sure that sells better than 11 on 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »