Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Absolutely, thats all we can do at the moment! However, take this into consideration if you will. Madden has three or four different settings (if I'm not mistaken), competitive, simulation, ARCADE, and I think there's one more.

I've never played Madden under the arcade setting so I'm not familiar with what goes on during gameplay, but I'm sure its still your normal 11 on 11 smash mouth football (maybe it plays faster? Its definitely NOT the exaggerated examples I just mentioned above). I can start a franchise in Madden with the setting as ARCADE. I'm under the impression that whatever that setting is, is what 2ks title will be.

I think they're DEFINITELY about to come in and compete on the standard football (what we've all been waiting for) level, and toute the "arcade" title because of some minor thing thats not even going to make much difference.
You're in for a letdown.

Quote:
Can anyone confirm what Maddens arcade setting is? No penalties or something I'm figuring?
Nope, but it's very easy to come to the conclusion that EA wouldn't have agreed to any sort of language that allows 2k to compete with the game on a level we would like them to.

Would love to be wrong but there is no way we see the competition out this game that we would like to.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:10 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Absolutely, thats all we can do at the moment! However, take this into consideration if you will. Madden has three or four different settings (if I'm not mistaken), competitive, simulation, ARCADE, and I think there's one more.

I've never played Madden under the arcade setting so I'm not familiar with what goes on during gameplay, but I'm sure its still your normal 11 on 11 smash mouth football (maybe it plays faster? Its definitely NOT the exaggerated examples I just mentioned above). I can start a franchise in Madden with the setting as ARCADE. I'm under the impression that whatever that setting is, is what 2ks title will be.

I think they're DEFINITELY about to come in and compete on the standard football (what we've all been waiting for) level, and toute the "arcade" title because of some minor thing thats not even going to make much difference.

Can anyone confirm what Maddens arcade setting is? No penalties or something I'm figuring?
The biggest things about Madden's Arcade style are: little to no in-play stamina or fatigue impact (can use special ball carrier moves without limits), no penalties outside of D-line infractions and Delay of Game, and by far the biggest one - user actions take priority over EVERYTHING. This is most apparent in MUT where the bronze WR on your starter team can outjump Elite CB's to make catches on deep balls if the user is pressing the aggressive catch button. Although ratings still matter on Competitive to some degree, you will NEVER see that happen in the Competitive style and you'd be a fool to try it. There's a reason that all of the Arcade difficulty choices for solo battles are the easiest ones - and worth the least amount of points.

There might be others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Edit: Just realized this is the 2k forum....my bad, didn't mean to cross-post. Just wanted to answer the question.

Last edited by bcruise; 01-17-2022 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:43 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You're in for a letdown.

Nope, but it's very easy to come to the conclusion that EA wouldn't have agreed to any sort of language that allows 2k to compete with the game on a level we would like them to.

Would love to be wrong but there is no way we see the competition out this game that we would like to.
Yeah, I kept my expectations for this as low as possible until we know anything. We don't have a title, dont know the development team in 2k who's working on it. So trying to find loopholes where 2k could actually compete, is just setting up yourself for disappointment. I'm sure they had strict guidelines they have to follow

Last edited by illwill10; 01-18-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:47 PM   #20
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You're in for a letdown.

This x1,000.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:12 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My expectations for the game are very low. I don't want to get my hopes up at all because it's likely going to be a casual game that won't hook me.

The only thing I hope is that this is the first step towards getting back to a point where we have two major NFL titles competing against each other annually.

Maybe this setup allows 2k to get their feet back into the NFL market, allows them to create a foundation to bring back their brand of authentic NFL football and one day we have Madden and NFL 2k releasing each end of summer again. Or maybe Madden will hold onto the exclusive license for the rest of my life. Who knows. What I hope for and what I expect don't exactly align, but sometimes you have to hold onto your hope.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2022, 09:31 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The original delay announcement said 2K's NFL arcade game would not release in fiscal year 2022. Take Two Interactive's FY 2022 ends this upcoming March. I doubt we hear anything before the end of the fiscal year at minimum.
FY2022 ends in August, not march. the Fiscal year is from september-august. so you won't see the game until september at the earliest, according to their press release. that puts it on par with a side-by-side madden release.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:29 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuder
FY2022 ends in August, not march. the Fiscal year is from september-august. so you won't see the game until september at the earliest, according to their press release. that puts it on par with a side-by-side madden release.

It’s been posted by several sources that after March is the soonest possible date

https://www.ign.com/articles/2ks-nfl...rch-2022?amp=1

That said, April would be a unexpected release date for a football game. August or even July are possible. We know the NFL didn’t want a holiday launch which is part of the reason for the delay so it’ll be out before the season starts and we also know 2k was aiming for a holiday launch which tells me in theory the game could be finished already and could’ve been on store shelves a month ago.

All that to say 2k could drop the game anytime after March as long as the NFL agrees

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 01-24-2022 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuder

According to their own investor relations documents, Take 2 Interactive’s fiscal year 2022 ends this upcoming March 31.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »